eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sellers opinions please
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TylerAntiques4U

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Sellers opinions please Reply with quote

Hello,
I've been thinking about bringing a lot of items here to sell. When looking at the "Suspended Stores" in the community messages I see a huge bunch of them in the last 6 months. I don't want to go to all the work of listing a great many things just to get suspended. Why are so many suspended?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what you sell and if you follow the rules and terms of selling on eCRATER. Read those terms before you do anything else. If your products are legal (not on the banned list) and you have permission to sell them you should have no problem.

Most of the suspensions I've seen have been off shore sellers selling technology that may or may not be authentic and are unwilling to offer proof their items are legitimate and they have the rights to sell them.

There are other reasons stores are suspended like offering payment methods not approved by eCRATER, posting in a foreign language, using someone else's photos, etc. They aren't trying to discourage sellers, just keep the site clean and safe for buyers.

You know the story about there are no guilty people in prison? The same is true when suspended sellers post here about the unfairness of eCRATER. We only see their complaint, not what eCRATER sees.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great place to sell, just read the terms and follow the rules. There aren't many. So many people come here just because they know it is a cheap place to set up shop never reading the terms. That is what gets you suspended.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why are so many suspended?

They are suspended because they are too lazy to read the rules. They don't think rules apply to them. They haven't studied the site to see if it would even be a good platform for them. They are selling pirated goods. In essence it comes down to a failure to read and understand the rules.

Many of the same reasons that our jails are full...The prisoners just don't want to follow the rules and think the rules don't apply to them for whatever reason.

If you study the rules, abide by the rules, research the site to be sure you would be a good fit (like being able to ship to all 50 states), have goods that you have permission to sell, etc. you shouldn't have any problems.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Because the owner and the staff monitor the site.
yourmobilecases

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:

They are suspended because they are too lazy to read the rules. They don't think rules apply to them. They haven't studied the site to see if it would even be a good platform for them. They are selling pirated goods. In essence it comes down to a failure to read and understand the rules.

Many of the same reasons that our jails are full...The prisoners just don't want to follow the rules and think the rules don't apply to them for whatever reason.

If you study the rules, abide by the rules, research the site to be sure you would be a good fit (like being able to ship to all 50 states), have goods that you have permission to sell, etc. you shouldn't have any problems.

many reasons that our jail are full.. prisoners? Do you know anything about jail prisoner life, or just the ones that are cookie cutter and public media wants to show you? Do you know how much innocent people are thrown in jail, for nothing!!? So what rules should they have been followed?

My husband was just sitting in the park with someone, looking black as pepper, with a bookbag. White cop came asking what's in the bag? Any ol person would have been, sure officer smitty!! But he knew the world, the cop behind the scenes laws, dirty tricks laws, my husband know them, and officer was shocked that my husband was intelligent in speech and that he was not stupid like average joes are. So officer say ok sir, have a nice day!. Someone else he would have gotten arrested "just because". So what rules for people like that, average joes, would need to follow? Don't judge people who are in prison, unless you have been in one for a year straight.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Don't judge people who are in prison, unless you have been in one for a year straight.

I worked FULL time in a prison for 3 years (which equals a year solid). So yes I know a LOT about inmates and I've heard all their tales. Most are in jail because they didn't follow the rules, period. Many of those who got suspended here say the same thing that I heard over my three years at the jail, and that was they didn't do anything wrong when in reality they did and plenty worse in many cases. The jails are full of inmates that don't follow rules, and they continue to break rules once they are there.

No reason to jump down my neck because your husband was approached by a policeman and apparently came to no harm through the encounter as it doesn't apply whatsoever. The original poster wanted to know why people get suspended here and I used that example as an example only of a mass of people where the majority didn't follow the rules and got a suspension from everyday life. It had nothing to do with the sociological implications of the guilt or innocence of some of the people in our prisons or the race issue for that matter. That would be a whole other thread.
yourmobilecases

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
Don't judge people who are in prison, unless you have been in one for a year straight.

I worked FULL time in a prison for 3 years (which equals a year solid). So yes I know a LOT about inmates and I've heard all their tales. Most are in jail because they didn't follow the rules, period. Many of those who got suspended here say the same thing that I heard over my three years at the jail, and that was they didn't do anything wrong when in reality they did and plenty worse in many cases. The jails are full of inmates that don't follow rules, and they continue to break rules once they are there.

No reason to jump down my neck because your husband was approached by a policeman and apparently came to no harm through the encounter as it doesn't apply whatsoever. The original poster wanted to know why people get suspended here and I used that example as an example only of a mass of people where the majority didn't follow the rules and got a suspension from everyday life. It had nothing to do with the sociological implications of the guilt or innocence of some of the people in our prisons or the race issue for that matter. That would be a whole other thread.

Still dont know. there's tons of innocent prison life people. tons. and rules that Esau/Heathans made up for people to fall in prison life. rules dont work for the persons, it works for the ones who created it. I hope you remember this one day. good day.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
No reason to jump down my neck because your husband was approached by a policeman and apparently came to no harm through the encounter as it doesn't apply whatsoever.

Moon, isn't it odd that the person who said that to you has never made any posts here before and all of sudden they just show up on the forum today and leave a reply just to gripe at you. LOL.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Moon, isn't it odd that the person who said that to you has never made any posts here before and all of sudden they just show up on the forum today and leave a reply just to gripe at you. LOL.

Oh yeah. I don't care. People who jump on bandwagons like that as if a post was directed at them specifically (even though they weren't to that point part of the conversation) are a bit paranoid I think. I know what I know since, as a nurse I was right in the trenches with the inmates, including one that murdered a teacher I knew. Certainly can't imagine the jails filling themselves up with innocent people just to waste money and have something to do. To make the record clear. I do believe that the occasional innocent inmate does end up in jail, but it is only a small minority of the inmates and that is a tragedy. Nor did whatever their crimes affect my care of them in any way.

Quote:
rules dont work for the persons, it works for the ones who created it

Is this not however, what most of our suspended sellers here seem to think though? The rules don't apply to them and it isn't fair of ecrater to hold them to the rules.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More strange isn't the jump. He/she has empty store with electronic related stuff. Rolling Eyes

Now getting back to the topic. As far I saw none of the "suspended stores" get suspension based in a retaliation from the eCrater staff like other sites. In some cases it just a group of sellers that believe "free" site means not rules.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not ecrater doing anything.

when people open a store they don't fill out the things the customers need to know.Then I see ones that just don't have a grasp of computers, spelling, or really bad shipping terms, duplicate listings, then open another store.

For me it's would seem kind of hard to get ecrater to mess with you unless you are doing something really stupid, or illegal, or against what any website would also not want. They crack down on retail brand names to protect authorized sellers.

I mean the rules don't even feel like there are any if all you want to do is sell good things, and maintain your store.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not get reasons for suspension on eCRATER confused with prison populations and racial profiling.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to post this here, even tho I think it may be drifting off topic ...

What I think we are all talking about is a clash of objectives. We (the sellers) have a different set of objectives than the site owner/staff.

We would prefer that every store operator had a highest ethical standard, and always made sure their store was inline with best practices (i.e. fully filled out).

The site would like to see more stores be populated and opened. Putting non-essential road blocks in the way of opening a new store might cause the person to go looking at another site. Some stores are undesirable (either because of what they are selling, or how they are doing it). Those stores may get opened, but they are then suspended (to try to get the store owner move in the direction of the ToS and best practices).

It is a balancing act between keeping the good sellers here, trying to not let eCRATER get a rep for bad sellers, and being open to new store owners to join.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I studied up on ecrater before joining here. Over the years, someone would mention a rule and I would go duh inside as I didn't recall it. What I was finding is when I read the rules the first time, I could see which wouldn't be applying to me nor would I be straddling the fence about them for certain categories I would never sell in such as knives, so-called 'adult' items, smoking devices, etc. Why fill up my head with stuff like that? I did however try to pay very close attention to what was applicable such as selling to all 50 states, length of titles, number of pictures, size or pictures to avoid ads, no duplicate listings and things like that. So for those of us that set up our stores like that, yes it is hard to get suspended.

Those that read the rules (if they do) and want to see how close they can come to the breaking point without breaking the rules are in a different situation and we have seen it many times here. Especially when we have runs of those with the smoking devices, electronic goods, etc. that are getting suspended.

I do think that we all including the ecrater team want a nice healthy environment to sell in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: