eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello From Phoenix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taylormade4u

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Hello From Phoenix Reply with quote

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am in the process of setting up my store and just wanted to say hello!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater! You are offering free shipping? You are only charging $2 to $3 for most of your products and it costs about $2.95 to ship a greeting card if you include tracking with your items. So, that leaves you with 5 cents profit. Then, you'll have to pay Paypal or Google around 40 cents for accepting the credit card payments, plus a marketplace fee to ecrater if your item is sold from the marketplace so, I don't see how you could make any profit off of your items unless you charged for shipping. You'd be owing money out of pocket each time.

When you sell items that cost under $5, offering free shipping just takes away from your profit. But hey, it's your store and you can sell however you want but, I just thought I'd point that out in case you hadn't thought about it.
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
Very nice shop
pictures are very clear other than a shadow here and there(maybe try different areas of home to take picture). Just a suggestion maybe set up some of your categories to appear on the home page so that your customers can go directly to the section of cards they are interested in. IE birthday, get well, holiday etc.. Plus I would maybe take a pic with card and the envelope that will be included so customer can see all they are getting. And one last thing. Maybe a little more detail in your description box. That will help in search engines and clearer description see below: http://taylormade4u.ecrater.com/p/18133182/handmade-greeting-card-bird-in-birdcage
for instance what do you mean by these cards can come in a set? etc Customers need everything spelled out so they totally understand what it is they are getting. Hope this helps. You have lovely cards.
taylormade4u

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Thanks for feedback Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great feedback. I will re think my pricing based on your suggestions. There are so many people making handmade cards I want to price competitively to get my product out in the market. Also like the suggestion about putting the categories on the home page. Still trying to get my feel for the site, so hopefully I will figure it out. I appreciate all feedback so post away community!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: