eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Store suspended

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrentEnterprises

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Store suspended Reply with quote

I need your help, My store has been suspended i dont know if it is a product or a sell. Thank you for your with this Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea, but you may want to look at the sticky at the top of the Suspended Stores section, see if anything there might give you a clue.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

""Trent Enterprises Cannot be held responsible for uninsured item that are lost merchandise or damage iccurred during transit.""

can't do that
You only add insurance for your own protection, customer isn't responsible.

(You spelled "Company" check with a T not a Y )no biggie there.

You have your personal, unaffiliated website plastered around, don't think you can do that either. and possibly your email address.

other than those I would not know. email ecrater.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Store suspended Reply with quote

TrentEnterprises wrote:
I need your help, My store has been suspended i dont know if it is a product or a sell. Thank you for your with this Confused

What CosmicRay said: read the Suspended Stores information.

Here's one issue: you're accepting wire transfer and Western Union. From your Terms, which are pretty impenetrable:

"WIRE-TRANSFERS:
(transfer fee $15)
Details for Wire-Transfers @ Sales@TrentEnterprises.net

WESTERM UNION:
Details for Western Union @ Sales@TrentEnterprises.net."

You're also accepting credit cards not thru supported payment processors. In your FAQ, it states: "You can make the payment online via Google, PayPal and by credit card"

Using payment methods not supported by eCrater violates eCrater Terms. Might be good to read the terms.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, made a mistake. Embarassed
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you can't get suspended for poor spelling, you have plenty of errors in your 'terms'. Your terms appear to have been copied from elsewhere or written by a verbose lawyer with a lousy secretary who can't spell. While you can't be suspended as far as I know for leaving your customers to purchase insurance for themselves, Shipping and the ultimate safe arrival of your goods are YOUR responsibility by federal mail order law, not the buyers so that you should buy insurance if needed to protect yourself. You are also allowed to have your email addresses as needed in the site.

Since I can't see any of your actual listings, I don't know if you are doing something wrong there, but the Western Union and wire transfers are big no-no's. Also you are required to have everything in your store that is listed to be available and you can't change prices after the fact (just because your people that you buy from are out of stock, doesn't mean you are allowed to be). I guess that is a problem with drop shippers. I would also think, but am not sure, that what you have listed is supposed to be as stated and if it isn't, your buyer is entitled to a refund.

Your terms should be written in simple terms that buyers can understand and be specific to your store on ecrater. You might want to look at some other sellers sites to see what they do.

Most of all check out the first post in this thread to check out if you are not following other guideline such as listing items not allowed on ecrater.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading the Terms. It isn't just the bad spelling. The worst thing to do in selling sites like eCrater is add some "strange" and not related sales experience in the site.

Quote:
Trent Enterprises Does Not Refund Money if you say that our item(s) was not listed as described.

Avoid this one. If you use PayPal. As far I know you can't stop a refund for not describe.

Quote:
In the event that a Trent Enterprises product is mistakenly listed at an incorrect price, Trent Enterprises reseves the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.

Be careful can be understood as price manipulation after the sale. Also avoid using "pricing may change without prior norice". I can be understood by eCrater that you will ask more money. You can change prices in your store items, but not after the sale. Now mistake like forgeting to add S&H for an item is other thing.

Quote:
INSURANCE

If you use the Matrix. I recommend add it in the S&H. Some buyers here in eCrater want to orders their items without further contact.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the terms I saw that might be problematical. I copied them from your Terms.

However merchandise selection and pricing may change without prior norice.

INVENTOTY DISCLAIMER / OUT OF STOCK ITEMS:

It is Trent Enterprises intention to have every item(s) listed in stock that we list. Please note: because our web site is not tied into live inventory, there is a possiblity that the merchandise you order is out of stock or no longer available. Customerst will be notified in a timely fashion if an item is out of stock and offer you a complete refund or give you the option to wate for your item. Orders are filled on a first-come first served basis.

Over sized and boxes are subject to additional charges and whether the product you order is in stock.

And 20% of the merchandise price will be charged by you and shipping charges will also not be refunded. Unfortunately! Non-returnable items in a refused order will not be accepted upon return to us. These orders will be sent back to you unopened.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have very buyer friendly terms. If I read those terms I would not want to shop with you.

You said that you don't have live inventory correct? Which would make you a drop shipper. People order the items from you and you then order the items from another company who ships those items to your buyers, correct?

Ecrater no longer accepts drop shippers as it is a requirement here that all items must be on hand and ready to ship. If you are a drop shipper that means that you do not have items on hand (in your possession). I guarantee you that is exactly why you got suspended.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger creek, I'm having trouble finding the new rules about being suspended. Do you have a link? I don't remember that being a drop shipper can get you suspended. A lot of what the seller is doing is bad business practice, but not necessarily suspendable offenses, but it only takes one of those and the Western Union thing is enough in that regard.

I did think that ecrater was going to be notifying these folks by email as to what is wrong now. But like I said I can't find the link to that thread.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an excerpt from the ecrater terms of service. I removed most of the other items from the list as the list was too long to post the whole thing here. Notice in bold what it says. I take that to be referring to items that the seller has to order from another company after the buyer has placed their order because the seller does not have the items on hand. I also seem to recall one of the admins stating a few weeks ago that this was added to the rules because drop shippers were no longer allowed to sell here but, I don't know. I may have remembered it wrong. Does that mean all stores who use drop shippers will be getting suspended now?

4.5 What is not allowed to post?

- Live animals
- Items made from wild or exotic animal skins (even if farm raised) and taxidermy items of wild or exotic animals
- Items from drop ship service networks
- Mod chips, mod chips accessories or other devices designed to circumvent copyright protection
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, I'm not sure where my brain went, but here is the link to the TOS for ecrater. http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the ban of drop shippers was 1rst commented in the "items not displaying by date" topic. Need to re-read topic to be sure.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: