eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Payment of Marketplace fee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Payment of Marketplace fee Reply with quote

I noticed I did not receive an invoice for marketplace fees for May and there is no way I can click on "May" to see what I owe. There is a June list started. I am wondering how we are being notified of these fees-by invoices coming from whom? I check my spam folder daily and nothing has come through.

I also had to cancel a sale via the marketplace yesterday due to an item selling that was relisted in error- it was sold a year ago (posted that on another thread) and marked as sold and the ad canceled, will I still have to pay a fee on the canceled sale and how will ecrater admin know the order was canceled since there is no way for us to mark it as such?

Thanks in advance!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Payment of Marketplace fee Reply with quote

kittenkat22 wrote:
I noticed I did not receive an invoice for marketplace fees for May

Neither did I, and ecrater updated the News & System Status forum yesterday saying they were sending out the invoices that day.

I also had to cancel a sale via the marketplace yesterday, will I still have to pay a fee on the canceled sale

No, ecrater said we will not be charged fees on canceled sales or sales with incomplete payments.

and how will ecrater admin know the order was canceled since there is no way for us to mark it as such?

I have no idea, they haven't told us how they will know which ones were cancelled.
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response- I just checked the system and found the page about invoices going out today. I also saw my May amount and there is no button to click on to pay it as stated.

I did notice the sale I canceled is not appearing- so they must be able to see that the money was refunded. I wanted to be able to remove that sale- and think it fair we can since the money was refunded but there is no way to do that- and I have to make a note for tax purposes because of the way we are forced to "account" for a non sale.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and I have to make a note for tax purposes because of the way we are forced to "account" for a non sale.

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about here, but aren't you keeping track of your sales in your own bookwork such as an excel spreadsheet? Not sure why you feel 'forced' to account for a canceled sale. There are so many things that we have to keep track of as on line sellers and our admin area doesn't have hardly any of what we need so an outside worksheet is imperative so all info is in one place. Anything that has to do with taxes, I try not to depend on sites like PP or ecrater since they can at times only keep a certain amount of back end paperwork and if you get audited years after the fact, you won't have any records of anything. Or they could go out of business and take their paperwork with them. Thus the need to track things yourself. But like I said, I may have misunderstood you.
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do keep my own records. I print out my sales page as a back up and unfortunately I must also print out the cancelation page from paypal as a back up to show the sale was canceled should I get audited. This is a precautionary measure. If we were be able to mark the sale as void due to a return or cancellation it would make things simpler for us as store owners but we cannot- that is all I was commenting on. I do not like that I do not have control over bookkeeping a canceled sale in my store. In ebay the sale is marked as canceled but not here (yes, the evil ebay word- but that is one time their bookkeeping makes more sense). Don't you also keep your sale pages from here as proof for the IRS? Then you too are running into the same problem- you must take an extra step to proove it was canceled or returned.

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
and I have to make a note for tax purposes because of the way we are forced to "account" for a non sale.

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about here, but aren't you keeping track of your sales in your own bookwork such as an excel spreadsheet? Not sure why you feel 'forced' to account for a canceled sale. There are so many things that we have to keep track of as on line sellers and our admin area doesn't have hardly any of what we need so an outside worksheet is imperative so all info is in one place. Anything that has to do with taxes, I try not to depend on sites like PP or ecrater since they can at times only keep a certain amount of back end paperwork and if you get audited years after the fact, you won't have any records of anything. Or they could go out of business and take their paperwork with them. Thus the need to track things yourself. But like I said, I may have misunderstood you.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep track of everything in my spreadsheets and keep track of orders and payments, refunds, cancelations, etc. by saving the page in my computer. I found my first year of selling that saving a hard copy of everything was creating a huge paper jam in the office. Especially when selling on more than one venue, you have to keep everything in one location as trying to track sales and payments in several places is a major pain. At one point we were selling on I think 5 different venues, most with payments coming in via different ways, etc. With everything on a one set of spreadsheets, it is easy to calculate income, expenses, sales, types of sales, amounts of sales, fees, etc.

Not saying you do this, but I've run into sellers that state they never go to PP to check if their money was paid. My thought always was, then how do you know what fee PP took? Same with GCO, etc.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to your admin page, on the left side under Account, is a tab titled Marketplace Cost. Click on it and follow the prompts. If you have fees to pay it should be there. Did mine and was very easy.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you that HAVE already paid your marketplace fees, how much were your fees totaling? Since some of us have due dates that say "not yet" I am assuming that ecrater wants us to wait until we rack up over a certain amount of costs before making our payments to save them from having to pay Paypal fees left and right so, I'd like to get a general idea of about how much in fees you have to rack up before payment is due.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to pay $3.60
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a payment due invoice for 61 cents in one store.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: