eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I finally made it here, now I have questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Quote:
I wanted to add my eBay store link to eCrater ads

This don't make sense to me - putting a link to your ebay stores --- first it won't be a link - it would be the URL address --- would only possible send ecrater.com shoppers to your ebay store. And why would you want to do that?

You can put the URL address in your ecrater.com ads and you can put it on your welcome home page and anywhere else within ecrater.com you want to. I just don't understand why you would wish to do that.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
nonsport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
wham, "Did I get that right nonsport?"

Yep, you got it right wham Wink

...and thanks PS for copying what I said.

BT, My main purpose of moving my stuffs here is to stop selling as much as I do on eBay. A link here on eCrater directing customers to look at my eBay listings while offering a 10% discount if they DON'T buy on eBay will help me accomplish my goals as well as save both of us money.

I intend to eventually use eBay only to find new customers. I don't have to keep 2,000+ items in my eBay store for that. I just need time to get all my stuffs moved. In the mean time, I want everyone to look on eBay and let me know what they want. I'll end the item on eBay and give them a discount.

M
wnorris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this got confusing. now I have a related question.

On my E-Bay About Me page, can I put a link to my eCrater store. Someone on this board said that you could, but today when I went to do it, E-Bay says the following.

"Your eBay About Me page may be used to describe your business or your interests, and may contain Web addresses or links to your individual Web site. However, it may not specifically promote off-eBay sales or the sales of items prohibited on eBay, nor may it contain links to commercial Web sites where goods from multiple sellers are aggregated by a common search engine.

Links on your About Me page

Please bear the following guidelines in mind when including links on your About Me page. Linking to Web sites that offer to trade, sell, or purchase goods or services, or including links for any purpose other than those listed above is not allowed. Prohibited links include, but are not limited to:

Links to Web pages that offer to trade, sell or purchase goods or services outside of eBay. This applies whether it is a static URL or an active link.
Links to Web sites or pages offering merchandise not permitted on eBay.
Links to sites that solicit eBay User IDs or passwords from buyers.
Links that encourage buyers to place their eBay bids through a site other than eBay."

Reading this, it sounds like you can't link to a page that sells merchandise outside of E-Bay, which would be your eCrater store. Is this how everyone else reads this? If so, how exactly would you drive traffic from an E-Bay store to an eCrater store?

I plan on having thousands of items on eCrater, but only a few hundred items on E-Bay.
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On my E-Bay About Me page, can I put a link to my eCrater store. Someone on this board said that you could, but today when I went to do it, E-Bay says the following.

Yes you can but you can't say your selling anything there Wink

Here's one of mine:
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=fullmoon_intimates

It just says "visit my website"
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle, do you know the "visit my website" is a bum link? T'ain't no good.
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, its all fixed now Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: