eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Widget question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
koolcatvintage

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Widget question Reply with quote

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a widget to advertise your items on another site, but without showing the prices of the items? I'm not seeing a way to do this.
Thanks. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Widget that display items in a little gallery mode. It is in the Administration panel.

I add it in the right corner and button of my blog. Also in the button of the most view items I have in promotion.

http://elperelestradingcards.blogspot.com/
koolcatvintage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks elpereles for your response. I do know about the Widgets that ecrater has available that you can choose from (in the administration panel) but wanted to know if there were any widgets that didn't show the prices, just listing the items with the links to my site?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are the only widgets for ecrater so if they don't suit you, then no there aren't any.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used a few other options than the Ecrater widget.

http://www.widgetbox.com/widgets/make/
Here you can make a free widget from any RSS feed. Choose the "Blog/Feed" option and it won't show prices. Grab the RSS feed from a search results screen within your store, for whatever you'd like to include in the widget. For example, you can do a search for "vintage", then use the feed link at the bottom of the results page, and it will show items from just that query. You can also grab the feed for individual categories. To include all items in your store, use advance search with no keywords, but I think it only loads the items on the first page of results. The free version of WidgetBox has small ads and fewer options than the paid version.

www.rssinclude.com
Also has some nice free widgets that run on RSS feeds. Many different templates and formats, and you can even save your custom widgets within their service for easy tweaks and updates.

http://www.use.com/about.html
They have a simple static gallery that works well with Ecrater listings (called "Static Cross-Sell Gallery"), but it's not really an RSS widget - you upload photos to their service, type a description and enter the URL for each photo. It looks and functions like a widget, it just takes a bit more time setting it up and maintaining it. Produces HTML code that you can copy & paste anywhere that will accept HTML. They've got a few other photo galleries & templates that may be useful as well.

I've used all three of these websites, but there are many more out there - you may find something else you like better in the search engines. Some are free and some cost a little bit. These are just the free ones that worked for my needs.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great suggestions Audio. I've bookmarked this for future use.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: