eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

2 Different Terms of Sale????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
denofdecor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: 2 Different Terms of Sale???? Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm fairly new here on eCrater and still adding product. I've got a question...

While looking at one of my items, if you click on terms at the bottom of the page, you get ecraters terms of sale. If you click on terms at the bottom of the page on my store home page, you get my terms of sale. Weird.

The reason this is a problem for me is that in each listing that I posted, I said "please see terms for shipping and delivery information". If someone is looking at one of my items and clicks on terms, they will only get ecraters terms and probably be confused and leave.

Is this how everybody's is? Should I edit each item and take that phrase out so as not to confuse buyers?

Opinions appreciated. Laughing

Thanks,
Sue
http://denofdecor.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Buytime

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone is viewing your item and click Terms, they will be taken to the Terms of YOUR store, unless they go through Google products. Then I believe your buyers will see eCraters terms.
denofdecor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a search for one of my items in the search on ecraters home page. I think I searched for Transferware tureen. One of my items came up and when I clicked on terms at the bottom of the page, it went to ecraters terms of sale. I thought what?????

So, I went to my store home page and clicked on terms and saw my own. Doesn't make much sense. Confused

Sue

Last edited by denofdecor on Fri May 18, 2007 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buytime

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this subject has come up before. Anyone????
Confused
zickit

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when ever you are at an item on the ecrater side of things -- the url is like
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=899994 and all the links go to the ecrater.com site - the about us for example is about ecrater.com
if you are IN THE STORE
the url looks like this
http://personalcomputerdoctor.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=899994
then if you click the about us - it's about that store not ecrater.com

That's how it works. If they are not in your store they don't see your terms. The good news is when you send buyers to your store - they see your info. Since ecrater.com is all about YOU getting your buyers to your store it's not really a big deal. Most buyers don't even realize that ther's a whole other side to ecrater.com with alot more items in it then you have in your store.

Be grateful that most sellers and buyers don't even realize they can go from your store to ecrater.com and find so much more to buy.
denofdecor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that makes sense, but I would guess that most traffic is from the search engines. If an item is found in a search engine, then the buyer will be taken directly to the item therefore the terms will be ecraters terms and not mine. Bummer Confused

Guess I need to do some revising on all of my listings. I'm glad that I don't have more than what I do. Crying or Very sad

Thanks for your help,
Sue
zickit

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

denofdecor wrote:
I guess that makes sense, but I would guess that most traffic is from the search engines. If an item is found in a search engine, then the buyer will be taken directly to the item therefore the terms will be ecraters terms and not mine. Bummer Confused

Sue

If YOU submit YOUR URL to the search engines and they come through YOUR WORK and EFFORTS then they come to YOUR store.
If they come in from the work of ecrater.com they come to ecrater.com and NOT your store.
The work ecrater.com team does benefits all sellers.
The work you do benefits you.

So, submit your URL and do your own advertising
denofdecor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it's all making sense now. Embarassed

Until my submissions climb the ladder, I still think I'm better off revising my listings.

Thank you for your help. It helped me look at it in a whole different light. I have done my submissions, maybe I need to do more.

I have been getting very good hits on my items but few sales. I think that little note about clicking on terms may have hurt sales for me. Confused

Okay, now there's work to do!

Thanks again, I appreciate it!
Sue
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the sales I have had at ecrater, I have to assume that all but repeat buyers reach me via search engines. The reason I believe this is that first purchases are always for a single item. When I was on eBay, even first purchases would usually be for 2 items and often more. Certainly I have enough items listed to choose from and offer combined shipping.

Also due to emails I get from buyers trying to complete a purchase, I think they are just browsing Google and see an item they want and then try to figure out ecrater checkout. (I know all my checkouts work as I've done practice buys.)

I'm a little confused as to why ecrater has terms and conditions for buyers. Are they selling something? Terms and conditions for sellers wishing to open an ecrater store should be totally separate threads from t&c for buyers.

I've never even looked at t&c via ecrater. Surprise! Surprise! Guess I need to take a closer look.
denofdecor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and don't see why ecraters terms of sale are on product pages, but it's something that I need to deal with. Confused

Every listing I typed, "please see terms for shipping and delivery info". I'll bet that really confused some people! lol Now I need to go through each one and take that phrase out.

Live and learn I guess.

Sue
EverythingNice

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shop! I only looked at your cookie jars, so do not know about your other items. But based on the cookie jar listings, and if I may suggest... add more KEY search words to your titles.

For example you could easily add such words as: collectible, gift, decorative, country, vintage, kitchen. And, on one listing the first words are "Green Lid Rooster" cookie jar. As a potential buyer, I do not think I would type "green lid" when looking for a cookie jar unless it was a part of the brand name. But, maybe I'm wrong (?). If the words Green Lid are not a part of the brand name, start with the words "Cookie Jar" Rooster followed by country kitchen decor....and other key words... Just one person's opinion....

Good luck with your shop! Sandy Wink
denofdecor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sandy,

I agree that I need to tweak my listings. I was trying to hurry and get several done at once. I still have tons to list. But I guess I should optimize what I have first. Very Happy

My hits here are great. I get a lot of lookers at almost all of my products. The counts go up every day so I know people are seeing them. I have taken out that blurb that I had about reading my terms so maybe I won't be confusing the lookers so much. Wink

Lots of work to do.

Thanks again for your input!
Sue
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's true, the Terms link not applying to the seller's listing being looked at is a considerable flaw (not really a flaw, but not a good choice) and it's been discussed a whole bunch.

Like BigTall says, the best thing we can do is to work as hard as we can to get as many customers as possible going straight to our stores..
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: