eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

PayPal question...........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerkynet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: PayPal question........... Reply with quote

Hi guys..........

New ecrater guy here...........just getting things setup, have paypal as payment option, did a test transaction, arrived at paypal, no problem, question is, the first PayPal screen cust. sees is a blank field "Payment for", trasaction details (amount etc..) all aOK........

Question is, do I have something NOT turned on in PayPal for ecrater to pass the transaction details, ie; inv. number, description, etc.? or is this the way ecrater talks to paypal??
Thanks in advance..........

BTW, so far, very impressed with this system.........has lots of potential......kind of bummed no HTML, but got things setup ok for now.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered this myself when I went to print a packing slip at PayPal and was wondering the same thing...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jerkynet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just guessing, having setup a paypal backend hook to my other website a few months ago....I (at that time) did the quick and dirty deal, passed paypal an invoice number, so the variable I passed was something like:

JerkyNet invoice dated $datevariable Invoice number: $variable name

and of course, sent the invoice total, and shipping costs, as well as total...(paypal variables setup to break down the shipping), I realize we the quick/dirty methods, we are never going to see an ebay style invoice detail in paypal, but invoice number would be great..............
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PayPals seems to intergrate with webstores that the item detail is not there. Mine have the order number only on them. I print the email order or the order from my ecrater orders and put a return address lable with my addy on the paper and use that as the packing slip. The PayPal packing slip don't even show they buyers mailing address most of the time --- most of my customers are not previously registered with paypal.
jerkynet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm, well, first let me point out, I only have one paypal acct. for time being, will setup another tomorrow and follow this all the way thru....to clarify, I placed a dummy order, off to paypal, arrive at PayPal, and see a quazi invoice screen with an open field for the transaction, monetaries all filled in, total etc....

Even if the cust. and us get an email with a little more identifiable info, still a confusion point for the customer.........possibly.

Especially since it is such an easy fix.....

Like I said, has everything to do with the php script passing the variables....which it doesn't seem to be doing.

If anyone needs/wants them, I have the pdf files of all the available variables that can be passed to paypal......pretty straight forward stuff.
DT
nonsport

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If anyone needs/wants them, I have the pdf files of all the available variables that can be passed to paypal......pretty straight forward stuff.

Would you mind explaining to this tech-lingo challenged member what you mean?

I have no clue what "variables that can be passed to paypal" means. Nor how to pass them or even why I would want to Wink

Thanks,

M
sugar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nonsport wrote:
Quote:

I have no clue what "variables that can be passed to paypal" means. Nor how to pass them or even why I would want to Wink

Thanks,

M

I'm standing beside nonsport on this one...have no idea what you are talking about, but am ready to learn...
nonsport

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thanks,

M
jerkynet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing we can do, fix is up to the programmers at ecrater..........

When the invoice is completed, and shipped off to PayPal, the program is sending a lot of information, all are variables, meaning, for my invoices they would be different than yours, ie; total, total shipping, cust. name, invoice number, etc.....

Sorry for the confusion.............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: