eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

PINTEREST QUESTIONS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gamejammers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: PINTEREST QUESTIONS Reply with quote

hey I just made a pinterest account and was wondering if I need a pinterest business account to be succesfull in bringing traffic to my store with it

My second question is.what are good ways to get more people to follow you and in turn drive more traffic to your store?[/b]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you don't need a business account, a regular account gets the job done. To bring in more traffic, don't just make pins about your games. People don't want to follow you if all you ever talk about is your games and what you have for sale. Make boards about anything else that interests you like Cute Animals, Art & Paintings, Baseball Cards, etc. You need that extra stuff to pull people in so they'll have things that interest them to attract their attention.

Once they come to your page and follow you, they will also see the pins you make about your products every so often (slip in pins for your products at least once or twice a week) and they may come to your store and buy something.
gamejammers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm really But alright I heard pinterest was very good right now and thought I could get involved and BTW you have been very helpful to me and would like to say thanks for everything tigercreek
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome Gamejammers!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecraters sellers can't use their store to get the business opportunities on Pinterest as ecrater owns the site. If you had your own website, then you could. Tiger was right in that you have to have boards for all different interests.

If you have a Kindle, you can do a search for Pinterest and can download samples of each book about Pinterest. If you read about 10 samples you will end up with some really good info about Pinterest. Some of the books are a bit dated already though, since Pinterest made some big changes in the last few months. I had some credit and bought one of the books and it has been a great help.

The more followers you have and the more you pin, the more followers you will get. I always get excited when I see my store products being repined. Very Happy I've picked up 65 new followers just this month. A couple months ago that is all I would get in a month. I track the number of followers I get each month which helps me see if what I'm doing is working or not. If I'm not picking up followers then I'm doing something wrong. And just cuz you are new doesn't mean that no one will see what you have pinned.

The biggest thing to remember is just don't pin your own products. You might get some initial followers, but they aren't going to stick around if that is all you do.
gamejammers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So should I make a different board for stuff I sell or put the stuff I sell in my actual interests
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make at least one board just for the stuff you sell but also, slip some of the stuff you sell in with the interest boards you create. Like, I have a board just for my handmade items and things I sell but, I also have a cosmetics & beauty board and every so often I'll slip in one of my eyeshadows or lipsticks to that board along with makeup that comes from other sites I found online.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully what you are selling is something that you are interested in, which helps. So have specific boards for your items that you are selling, but that doesn't mean if you see something that goes along with it, doesn't mean you can't put it on that board. I have a board just for aprons which is a hot item. I will pin interesting aprons that I see, patterns for aprons that I sell and aprons that I have made and use myself on the apron board. Hopefully people will pick up cute ideas for making an apron by looking at the board but will need a basic pattern to start with so hopefully will buy one of my patterns.

I sell sewing patterns and most of my boards reflect my love of sewing and needlework, because sewing is my hobby. For me it is easy to combine everything but depending on what others sell it could be difficult I suppose. You are welcome to look at my Pinterest site as well to get an idea of how to combine your store items with other stuff or at least see how I do it. http://pinterest.com/gailetesews/
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a site that might be able to help you learn more about Pinterest and use it for your business. http://pinterest-savvy.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=cf725e764742ef3f8fbae4967&id=8d783a06c2&e=aad2336675

If you sign up they will send you newsletters with more info every week or so. I did buy here ebook and it was a help.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: