eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Received eCrater email asking for more info. Is it phishing?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gustys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Received eCrater email asking for more info. Is it phishing? Reply with quote

I received what looks like an eCrater email in my Yahoo account today asking me to respond to supply more information for my account. I checked my eCrater account and see no problem. I've been on eCrater for years, and never had a message like this. I know spammers use PayPal, eBay, and other look alike emails to phish. Is there any way to determine if this is official? Naturally, I haven't responded. Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TheScooterDoc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Received eCrater email asking for more info. Is it phish Reply with quote

Gustys wrote:
I received what looks like an eCrater email in my Yahoo account today asking me to respond to supply more information for my account. I checked my eCrater account and see no problem. I've been on eCrater for years, and never had a message like this. I know spammers use PayPal, eBay, and other look alike emails to phish. Is there any way to determine if this is official? Naturally, I haven't responded. Thanks.

I got it too. The first clue i got to it being fake was the word 'informations' lol

The link within the email goes to:

Link removed ( em)

obviously phishing

Last edited by TheScooterDoc on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gusty there is a thread in the sellers forum about this. Ecrater is checking into it. Don't do anything with it till they get back to us.
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is a phishing email. Please do not click on the link and log on.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate locked

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33798

em
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: