eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

"diasapproved from Google" Why?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art-Objects

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: "diasapproved from Google" Why? Reply with quote

Hello,

On eCrater, I sell (or try to) miniature art objects and estate jewelry. But when I looked at my site yesterday, I found the following item "disapproved" and wonder why?

ANTIQUE MINIATURE CHINOISERIE LAQUER BOX. Circa 1830

It is not the first time I list unique items. Can someone give me a clue?

Could that explain why I have not made a sale in a few months, now?
What to do?

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbere is already a thread on this topic called "Google disapproved items?" at http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33664

There are also many threads in the archives about grounds for disapproval and attributes for vintage/unique items.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that is the actual format of the listing title, you should change a couple of things.

First, Google hates all caps and might disapprove or not show your item in search because of it. They allow the first letter to be in caps, and titles and names with a couple of caps, but not the entire title.

Second, your title cannot have any punctuation in it. You have a period in your title, and that should be removed. And I see that all of your items have all caps titles and some punctuation in the title.

I can't see the rest of your listing for that item to see if anything else stands out.

You also have to make sure your attributes are filled in the best you can do.
Art-Objects

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Google disapproval Reply with quote

Thanks to all who have answered my inquiry.
I will make the changes as per your advice.
Thank you
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can not post SOLD on a picture and leave the listing open. Either put the listing on hold or delete the listing. That can get you suspended. I don't think the caps in your titles are a problem but there is no need for the period especially since your title isn't a complete sentence anyhow. One item I saw also had 'hallmarks' as part of the title. I doubt that that would be a word someone would search for especially when you didn't bother putting in the type of gold in the title which I think would be more relevant. You are allowed 100 characters in a title, use them! Very Happy

As to why google disapproves stuff. Who knows anymore? They keep changing the rules without telling people. Instead of being a search engine which is what they started out to be, they seem to want to be a store without merchandise and whip all independent sellers into doing things the way they want. At this point some of use are just figuring that our business isn't owned by Google any more than ebay owned it when we sold there. I'm not going to jump through hoops to make google happy for a week or two before they make us jump through more hoops. I'm not a trained seal. I didn't do it for ebay and won't do it for google.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attributes we enter are related to Google Shopping and the feed eCRATER submits for us to Google Shopping. Your item is showing in the regular Google search, but you have your item on hold so a buyer could not purchase it if they came direct to your store from a search engine.

When trying to see why your item is not accepted by GS, I would suggest reading the terms of service for Google Shopping. Two things jumped out immediately which are the title in all caps and the very first line of your description says free shipping. I think (not sure) eCRATER changes our titles to lower case when the feed is submitted, so that may not be the problem. GS doesn't want any text in the description that relates to shipping. In fact they state, "For example, do not include any promotional text such as "Free shipping". I think the free shipping statement is causing your problem.

Three other points I noticed when looking at the listing that I thought I would mention. First, you have 3 attributes showing at the bottom of your description. The attributes are not ones on the list we can use on eCRATER. (Click on the ? mark to see the acceptable one.) The attribute of product_type is submitted for us by eCRATER based on the Global categories we select when we list the item. Second, you need to check your spelling, especially your title, for best search results. Third, as someone else mentioned, you need to place items on hold after they sell or you can delete them. If you want to keep the item visible to your customer until they receive the item, send them a link to the item on hold. Keeping them visible with a sold sign will get your store suspended from eCRATER until you hid those items and request reinstatement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: