eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCrater Issue - Shipping Calculations

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazodeeBazaar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: eCrater Issue - Shipping Calculations Reply with quote

Apologies for the second posting.

Here's the issue (after contacting PayPal):

I sold an item to a buyer in Minnesota who purchased it from www.ecrater.au. Evidently the shipping charge on the AU site is $7, at least that's what the buyer paid. I didn't set this price so it's automatically calculated by eCrater.

The cost to ship this item in the US is $13.40. I have this set in my matrix. Seven dollars AUD is only $6.50 USD so I stand to lose $7 USD on this transaction. How did my shipping charge get changed?

Hopefully there is an eCrater person out there monitoring this forum. This looks like a software issue.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it or not, this is (usually) an issue where you have to honor what the system generated (and then put your shop on hold until you get it worked out why what happened happened). If you are looking for someone to tell you it's ok to walk away (and/or refund the payment) that is uniquely something you have to decide.

The problem you describe is what happens when a US buyer sees your item listed on a non-US variant of eCRATER. The first question you have to answer is: Do you really want to be selling on those variants (and have listings appear) ? If no, there are some steps you can take to disable those storefronts, but they will have no effect on orders already booked/received.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This looks like a software issue

Nope. this is an issue of setting your matrix up incorrectly or setting up your calculated weight incorrectly. I just checked a couple of your mugs and for me they return a shipping price of $8.75 which is obviously no where near $13.40. No matter if an American buys through one of our international stores, they will be charged basically (may be a few cents different) the same as if bought through your US store. I'm looking at your US store and not seeing the price you need so it is a flaw in how you have set up shipping. I ship lots of stuff internationally and had purchases through all three stores either going to the US or abroad and if your shipping is set up right, it comes out right.

It sounds like you have a problem with what you are inputting for weight as well as giving too many options for shipping. You do need the matrix set up in case the calculated shipping from the USPS times out otherwise the customer will be charged zero for shipping. I only use the matrix and my feeling is, if you have to have it set up as back-up, it might as well be your shipping price system to start with.

Always be sure that you are calculating a true weight of the item, the true weight of packaging and taking into account the shape of the package since bulky items can't go generally in a flat rate envelope or the Priority small box so the price really jumps. First class shipping converts to Priority after the first 13 ounces. Once all those things are figured out for each of your items, then you know how much you should be charging for shipping and you pick a number that is close but allowing for the cost of shipping supplies, insurance, etc.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No matter if an American buys through one of our international stores, they will be charged basically (may be a few cents different) the same as if bought through your US store.

Agree. I have buyers from USA buying from AU and UK site. No problem with S&H.

I recommend check closely the Matrix and items weight. I'm using the matrix in a customize way. For example isn't the same 1.00 and 0.10.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duplicate topic
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33829
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: