eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Church Lady Collectibles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
churchladycollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Church Lady Collectibles Reply with quote

Hello,

i just opened my shop Church Lady Collectibles http://churchladycollectibles.ecrater.com

I retired from my antique / thrift store and will be selling all my items online. Th(I have abot 20 crates of items and it will take some time to get it listed.

The items include vintage jewelry, collectibles, ephemera, clothing, old coins, religious items and much more.

I enjoy gardening, spending time with my family and attending church activities. The money I make is going into savings to help my grandchildren go to college.

I wish everyone good luck with their stores and thank Ecrater for allowing an opportunity for people to be able to sell items on their site.

CLC
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you all the best. I hope you won't mind a couple of suggestions to help you get sales. First, your pictures must be at least 800 pixels on the shortest side, to get proper search placement. The one I looked at was only 400 pixels. And the pictures are very dark. You can improve them considerably by using a photo editing program such as Picasa, which is free, and improve them even more with another free program, Irfanview. eCrater.com uses a square photo shape, so if you can crop your photos to a square shape and include everything in it, that would help. Picase can crop to several different configurations, including square.

Good luck.
churchladycollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakteakstore wrote:
I wish you all the best. I hope you won't mind a couple of suggestions to help you get sales. First, your pictures must be at least 800 pixels on the shortest side, to get proper search placement. The one I looked at was only 400 pixels. And the pictures are very dark. You can improve them considerably by using a photo editing program such as Picasa, which is free, and improve them even more with another free program, Irfanview. eCrater.com uses a square photo shape, so if you can crop your photos to a square shape and include everything in it, that would help. Picase can crop to several different configurations, including square.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for the informative reply. I had no clue abut the pictures or programs you told me about. Your kindness is greatly appreciated! Very Happy
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I agree about your photos.

I noticed an error you might want to fix.
In the earrings you have listed in your title you say Free US and Canadian earrings. I think you mean shipping.

Also in your description you begin with 2 lines of greeting and end with shipping and terms. All are considered boiler plate and are looked down on by Google. All that belongs on your about and terms pages. The first two lines are especially bad because Google reads the beginning of your descriptions and yours say nothing about your items for sale.
churchladycollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Welcome. I agree about your photos.

I noticed an error you might want to fix.
In the earrings you have listed in your title you say Free US and Canadian earrings. I think you mean shipping.

Also in your description you begin with 2 lines of greeting and end with shipping and terms. All are considered boiler plate and are looked down on by Google. All that belongs on your about and terms pages. The first two lines are especially bad because Google reads the beginning of your descriptions and yours say nothing about your items for sale.

I appreciate you looking at my store and finding an error. Had it not been for you, it would have been there for all to think I was giving the earrings away.

I did not know about the text that Google reads and thank you for letting me know. I will change the format : )

Everyone has been so kind here. Words can't say how much I appreciate the help.

If I could hand out angel wings, they would go to all my helpers : )

Thank you so much!
CLC
churchladycollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Welcome!

Thank you & Sunshine morning to you Very Happy
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER! You have a fine start to your store.

You might want to consider adding a little more information to your text pages, especially your about page. This is your chance to tell customers a little bit about why you know what you are doing. The fact that you have had a retail store that you have now brought online I would think would be important.

Regarding your photos, we are allowed to have up to 10 photos per item. As you know from retail, a customer wants to pick up the item and look at it from all sides. Keep that in mind when doing your photos. Some items only need 1 photo because it's flat and there is nothing on the back, but think like a customer when you take your photos.

Only shipping once a week may cause you a problem, so you need to communicate really good with your buyers. You are free to set the schedule for your store as you wish, but do realize you are going against the norm in online sales. To borrow a description I love from another seller here, we live in a "Click, Click" world. In online sales, buyers have come to expect orders to be shipped within 24 hours of payment. I don't think most buyers would have a problem with 2 to 3 days before the order was shipped, but the customer who buys on Wednesday, pays instantly via PayPal and it doesn't get shipped until the following Tuesday is probably going to be angry. It's your store and your rules, but do realize you probably need to send the customer an email to let them know when the order will be shipped so they don't have unrealistic expectations. (Oh for the days of "Please allow 3 to 6 weeks for shipping".) Today the Post Office is getting First Class delivered in 3 to 5 days and Priority Mail is being received in 1 to 3 days, so your customers may expect their order before you even get it to the post office unless you keep them informed.
churchladycollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Thank You Too Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Welcome to eCRATER! You have a fine start to your store.

You might want to consider adding a little more information to your text pages, especially your about page. This is your chance to tell customers a little bit about why you know what you are doing. The fact that you have had a retail store that you have now brought online I would think would be important.

Regarding your photos, we are allowed to have up to 10 photos per item. As you know from retail, a customer wants to pick up the item and look at it from all sides. Keep that in mind when doing your photos. Some items only need 1 photo because it's flat and there is nothing on the back, but think like a customer when you take your photos.

Only shipping once a week may cause you a problem, so you need to communicate really good with your buyers. You are free to set the schedule for your store as you wish, but do realize you are going against the norm in online sales. To borrow a description I love from another seller here, we live in a "Click, Click" world. In online sales, buyers have come to expect orders to be shipped within 24 hours of payment. I don't think most buyers would have a problem with 2 to 3 days before the order was shipped, but the customer who buys on Wednesday, pays instantly via PayPal and it doesn't get shipped until the following Tuesday is probably going to be angry. It's your store and your rules, but do realize you probably need to send the customer an email to let them know when the order will be shipped so they don't have unrealistic expectations. (Oh for the days of "Please allow 3 to 6 weeks for shipping".) Today the Post Office is getting First Class delivered in 3 to 5 days and Priority Mail is being received in 1 to 3 days, so your customers may expect their order before you even get it to the post office unless you keep them informed.

Thank you for taking time to go into depth about the right way to do things : ) I am going to change the shipping and work harder on the store. I really appreciate everyone's input.

I think I am going to adopt you all !!!

CLC
hilltopshoppe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to ecrater! Best of luck!
clairescloset

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your new ecrater store! Welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: