eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

international shipping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sewing-Patterns

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: international shipping Reply with quote

Hi, I would like to know what I should do if I have an item for sale that is restricted in a country I sell to but not in the US. That is not allowed in the listing and most people don't read terms. I am not the only person with this problem. thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was in eCrater? Nothing to fear. Just simple. Refund the money to the buyer with a note explaining the reason you can't ship to his/her country. If the buyer get you a negative/neutral. Contact eCrater with all the proof and details. They will erase the feedback.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: international shipping Reply with quote

Sewing-Patterns wrote:
Hi, I would like to know what I should do if I have an item for sale that is restricted in a country I sell to but not in the US. That is not allowed in the listing and most people don't read terms. I am not the only person with this problem. thanks
I'm not sure what you mean by the information is not allowed in the listing. Information directly related to the item is allowed in the description. It's not smart to start your description with that information, but a note at the end of the description that XXX country does not allow the item to be shipped into their country. I would word the statement to show the shipping restriction is from their country, not a rule you made. Then if you get an order from that country, just process a refund.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: international shipping Reply with quote

Sewing-Patterns wrote:

Why don't you provide a link to the item listing, so the rest of us can see what you are talking about.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be curious to know as well since I haven't run into this although I occasionally run into patterns that say they can only be sold in the US which in my mind is an initial agreement between the pattern company and the designer that doesn't continue with each subsequent time it resells.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: international shipping Reply with quote

You are allowed to put that you can't ship a certain item to certain countries in the description. That's not really boilerplate and that's something people need to see right away before they purchase because yes, most people don't look at your terms or FAQs pages. So go ahead and slip that info into the bottom of your descriptions.

If you do put that info in there where it's plainly visible and someone from a restricted country still purchases that item, when you issue their refund Paypal will charge you a 30 cent fee so, I'd deduct a 30 cent penalty fee from the amount you give them back since they didn't listen to you and they ordered something you specifically said they were not allowed to order. Why should you have to take the loss on that 30 cent fee when the only reason you had to issue the refund was because THEY didn't listen? That's what I do.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be very curious to know what item you've found was restricted by what country. It might be information I also need in one of my other stores and I'd appreciate your sharing of the information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: