eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

first sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ppbshop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: first sale Reply with quote

Hello all, we're processing our first sale Smile As we are very new in selling things online, we have questions and hope to have some help.
    1. When an order is placed, do both buyer and seller receive the same email about the order? (We wish we can tell this from the email that eCrater sent us)

2. We are waiting for PayPal to process the payment to ship. After that, we are going to mark the item is "paid" from Admin page. Do we also need to mark the item as "shipped" and how? By this time, will both buyer and seller receive email notifying that the item is shipped?

3. We only have one item in stock and list the quantity as 1. After the item is ordered, we still see the item being listed for purchase. When will this item is marked something like "out of stock"?

Thank you all in advance.
PPBShop.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your note, you haven't yet sold anything. Do not mark as paid. Until you have the money from PayPal you only are seeing that someone was in the process of ordering but hasn't paid. If they had paid when they were supposed to, you would have gotten a notification of payment from PP. If more than a few hours have gone by, you need to send a polite email asking if they had trouble checking out, could you send them a PP invoice, or help in any other way. Invite them to shop in your store again. You might hear back from them, you might not or you might get your payment.

When an item is paid for, it will automatically get marked paid and a green check mark. There is no place to mark shipped other than on the PP detail page and delivery confirmation is strongly encouraged. You will need to keep your own records of payments, costs, fees, postage, etc. You should add in a packing slip and send a shipping email. Be sure you have a legible return address with your url on the package as well as your url on the packing slip and shipping notification.

There are many threads about orders without payments. It shouldn't take you too long to find some of them to get you some more info on that phenomenon.
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) As far I understand both receive an e-mail. It isn't the same, but similar.

2) In eCrater or eBay or any place. You never mark manually as paid an item without getting the payment first. In eCrater if the buyer pay using the checkout. It will automatically display as paid in the eCrater order.

3) If you have inventory option enable. The item will available to sale until you receive the payment. So 1000 orders can appear for an item, but only the 1rst who pay get the item.

4) Learn the following:

eCrater Math 101

Formulas to remember:

1) Only an Order = Only an Order = Not to worry = Contact/Send Invoice

2) Payment = Receive Money

3) Successful/Complete Sale = Order + Payment
ppbshop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your explanation. We will follow your advise and only mark paid when we receive the payment.

We saw from other threads about orders without payment. In our case, we received an email from PayPal that the buyer paid using eCheck and it takes a couple days to process that. So, hopefully, we will receive the payment soon, then it will become our "first sale".
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have problem to receive or pay with an e-check. As seller just get in mind the e-check isn't secure until it clears.

If you receive an e-check or money order. The best is put on hold the item manually than just mark pay in the order. Good luck in your business.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get an echeck, it is a good idea to send an email to your buyer explaining that you will ship, once the echeck has cleared by PayPal, then copy the email wording that PayPal sent you about not shipping until it has cleared, and Italicize it for your buyer. That way, they will know that it is PayPal holding things up., not you. Tell your buyer that you will email them as soon as you get clearance from PayPal. Customers don't necessarily know that echecks take a while to clear, and they can take longer than PayPal says. They can get angry unless they have the right information.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of why customers get irritated when their item doesn't show up quickly is they don't always realize that they paid using a check. Unless you are really looking close when paying with PP you don't always catch which payment form you used.

Congrats on your first sale. I think I've only ever had one e-check 'bounce' in 11+ years of selling.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked out your shop. Those are cute strollers! Talk about inflation. When I had my babies many moons ago I bought my umbrella stroller for my boys for $10 and could barely afford it! Never had little girls so no chance to play with dolls though Sad
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Unless you are really looking close when paying with PP you don't always catch which payment form you used.

This is true. I can't tell you how many times I've bought something using Paypal and I almost selected "e check" instead of instant bank transfer. With an e-check though, you do need to wait until your money clears before shipping the item. It usually takes a few extra days for those to clear and if you go ahead and ship, you could get news 3 days later that the check didn't clear and it's too late because you already shipped the item off.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have inventory control enabled? If not you will need to manually hide items when they sell.
ppbshop

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help. We got the echeck cleared. eCrater automatically marked the item as paid. And since we have inventory control enabled, the item was hidden automatically as well.

However, we stressed out a bit about shipping and finally had to pay extra for the cost. Well, it's our first sale... We are still happy.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, congrats on that first sale!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, we stressed out a bit about shipping and finally had to pay extra for the cost. Well, it's our first sale... We are still happy.

Make sure you have all your shipping prices changed to reflect what it cost.

BTW I Pinned one of your strollers to my Doll board on Pinterest. They are cute and I know some parents wouldn't necessarily know where to get them in the right color or type. I like being able to pin things of others that fit naturally into one of my Pinterest boards and I like filling out a board with more than my patterns so with my doll patterns some doll accessories come in handy. Just a personal example of how I'm trying to post for success! I love Pinterest!
ppbshop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advices and for pinning our stroller in Pinterest. I'm going to read about the Pinterest board now.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: