eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping Matrix Explaination Needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acread

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it's not. You just put 2 in the weight box for every item. Then in shipping matrix you put whatever in the 1 lb box cause it won't be used. Then you put the shipping cost on 1 item in the 2lb column and shipping cost of the 2 items in the 4 lb column and so on. At the very end of the row under 16+ you put 1 (since 1 exta dollar will be added for every increase of 2lb product weight).

So it will go:
0 (or whatever cause it won't be used) 5.95 6.95 7.95 8.95.....12.95 1
(this works when your weight scale is set at small)

You know there is a USPS shipping calculator now, right?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
scentsfromthesouth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help everyone
AGreatExpectation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: How do I geet the shipping charge to show up in my listing? Reply with quote

How do I geet the shipping charge to show up in my listing?
bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Quote:
How do I know how much to enter as the rate?

That's a personal business decision on your part. Many sellers charge exactly what the shipping cost would be, others add a handling fee to that. So the HOW MUCH is totally up to you.
First you will need to know the PACKED weight of the item. Then go to USPS and play around with that weight to find the different charges to the different zones.
Some sellers charge the buyer as if they are shipping to the farest most expensive zone, others use the middle of the road charge - losing shipping fees on some orders and making extra on others.
How you decide to do that is totally a personal choice.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: How do I geet the shipping charge to show up in my listi Reply with quote

AGreatExpectation wrote:
How do I geet the shipping charge to show up in my listing?

You have the USPS Calculated Shipping turned on in options. As long as you are using the USPS Calculated Shipping the shipping costs won't show in product pages. Because for the system to actually get a shipping cost and display it they need to query USPS with customer location and chosen method of shipping (rates vary due to distance and speed of shipping). But since eCrater does not get that info (it requires people viewing to register and give it voluntarily) they cannot display a single number. And to list every single possibility would take too much space and loo very awkward. And of course they cannot glean information without concent of the viewer.
cierah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey um is there like an easier way where i can just go to the post office the next day and determine the cost when someone wants to buy something?
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. If you don't have a shipping amount filled in either fixed rate, matrix or USPS calculated, your item ships for free.

Cierah I suggest you look at several ecrater stores to see how they are set up. Look at all their about/terms/contact pages as well as read their listings carefully. Choose sellers who sell items similar to what you intend to sell. I think in your case used goods.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cierah wrote:
hey um is there like an easier way where i can just go to the post office the next day and determine the cost when someone wants to buy something?

The best investment I ever made for my business was a postal scale. It was around $40 at the time; don't know how much they are now. You can weigh your own parcels and leave out that going-to-the-PO step. Once you have the weight and the size of the box, just go to usps.com and find out what the postage will be.

That gives you the info you need to put a fixed shipping rate on your items or to fill in the matrix, if it works for your store (it doesn't work for everybody, particularly stores with a wide variety of sizes and weights of items). And then many sellers use the USPS Calculator in Ecrater.

Keep plugging away at it and you'll figure out what works best for you! Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to the PO after a sale to figure out the postage is an old-fashioned way that ebay sellers used to do things. But REAL stores, knows what it costs to ship their items right from the get go. No one is going to want to buy something and wait 24 or more hours for you to figure out how much shipping will be nor is the ecrater site set up to do that. There are several on line postage programs available, scales are fairly cheap and if you want to run a store as a store, these are things you need to know and be doing. We live in a fast paced society and buyers expect their goods in the mail quickly, not to have to wait for an invoice and then wait again for the seller to go mail an item.

Learn how to set up the shipping information if you plan on doing this and don't look for shortcuts. There are plenty of threads here on figuring out postage and the matrix. Take the time to read, study and implement them before opening your store.
flex-fletch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: shipping domestic/canada Reply with quote

Most of my sales can be shipped via USPS post domestically and to Canada but some are not allowed to Canada. How do I set up my shipping zones so that Canada is included for all but the disallowed ones?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to start a new thread for this question since this thread is over 3 years old.

I don't know an answer for you other than I don't think it isn't your shipping zones that need adjusted.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: