eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitap

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Hello everyone Reply with quote

This is Gokhan form Istanbul, Turkey. Once upon a time, I had encountered a Paypal problem or Paypal encountered me as a problem, whatever, I am back again and I like it here. I hope the best for everyone here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back. By the way, since all of your books have titles that are written in turkish, you might want to also include the english translation of each title in the descriptions as most buyers here speak english and will not buy something if they have no clue what it is because of a language barrier.
kitap

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you bearcreekcreations. You are probably right but I want to keep the titles as simple as books'.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at books as well, and you might have a problem. According to ecraters terms, everything must be in English. You might want send them an email and ask if the titles can be in Turkish.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titles and descriptions must be in English. For a while they were allowing English followed by another language, but I think they stopped allowing even that. Better check it out before you get suspended.
kitap

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat and PurpleButterflyJewlery. I am aware of the language rule so that I am writing descriptions like bullet form. I think I have chosen the right description form to list a book at eCrater that is written in foreign language. Besides, I have some books written in Cyrillic, Greek, Armenian and Arabic in my stock, I am thinking about how to list them properly and search engine friendly. Otherwise, I have a few title options to write, "Book in Turkish", "Book in Greek", etc.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitap, you aren't understanding us. Titles have to be in English. You aren't exempt from the rules.
kitap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I can live with that.

One thing I cannot understand, how would you list the very first editions of Les Miserables, Don Quijote de la Mancha or any manuscript in Latin that is valuable? Is not that strange? Not only I but we do not understand each other.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For items like Les Miserables and Don Quixote use those words in French and Spanish and everything else in English.
chineselacewigs

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello, welcome to ecrater!
kutuphane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is against eCrater rules to write 'Les Miserables' or 'El ingenioso hidalgo don Quixote De la Mancha' in the title. Terms 4.3 indicates that 'all texts must be in English'. IMHO, you may write, 'The Very First Edition of The Miserables in French by Winner Hugh' and 'The Very First Edition of The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha in Spanish by Michael from Servants' for those.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic should be locked as the store no longer exists.
kutuphane

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not see anything to be afraid of this topic. Did you?
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topic is under Introduce Yourself and was started in Feb. At some time between then and now the store closed and no longer exists. That is why the topic should be locked.

If you want to discuss something mentioned in this topic, start a new topic in the right section and talk about it.

By the way kutuphone, why are you here since you registered a store in July and have yet to open it.
kutuphane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this topic should have been closed and I am advised to start another topic, so why am I asked about my on hold store at this topic? Viewfinders, if you want to discuss why some sellers are not sure to activate their stores, start a new topic in the right section and talk about us.

I just tried to explain how a French and Spanish first edition books that are mentioned at this topic may be titled and listed at eCrater. Another example; you somehow purchased a first edition book titled Der Antichrist: Fluch auf das Christenthum by Friedrich Nietzsche and wanted to sell at your eCrater store. You may title the listing as "The Very First Edition of The Antichrist: Curse on Christianity by Frederick Niche in German".

Titles have to be in English.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: