eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Not so new newbee ;)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nonsport

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Not so new newbee ;) Reply with quote

Hi all!

I've been here for about a week, starting to set up my store (which is on hold until I get more stuffs added) and asking questions. Everyone has been so very helpful that I figured it was time I let y'all know something about me Wink

Most people call me sport, I sign all posts, email etc. with M (just "M") 'cuz it's the first initial of my first name. I've been on line since the mid 80s and it's habit (back then, everything possible was abbreviated 'cuz every second added to the gazilion bux we had to pay for the privilege.) SO, y'all can call me sport, M, nonsport or anything else...I've been called plenty of things in my lifetime Wink

Hubby and I sell nonsport cards (you know, the other white meat), vintage records and a mixture of other collectibles. We've been in business since 1972 selling mail order and at conventions across the country.

People have been singing the praises of eCrater to me for quite some time but being thick, and thinking, I was doing well so why rock the boat at the Bay, I procrastinated. Have I told y'all I'm kicking myself now?

I'm faced with having to list a gazillion items here and starting my advertising campaigns over again. You see, I not only paid big bux to the Bay but also paid to advertise my store there which in turn brought them more customers. That's all over now, I don't think I have to explain why Wink

Anyway, here I am...happy to have finally made the decision and feeling real good about the prospects of having a store listed on eCrater.

I've had email conversations with Dimitri and find him to be very cooperative and helpful. I don't need much, nor do I ask for much...all I want is a stable site to list my stuffs and to have the opportunity to sell to my customers. I'll do the rest!

I'm looking forward to a long, prosperous stay here as well as making new friends in the Forum.

M
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you'll love it here. I'm currently working on my 3rd store (this one) and I'm very happy with the whole set up of eCrater and the forums are very friendly Wink

Just call me "D"

Laughing
nonsport

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D,

Tell me something....

I've noticed several people talking about having more than one store and I wonder why.

My way of thinking is to have one branded store. Everything I sell is considered collectibles even though some will be listed in Trading Cards, others in Music and others in still different categories. Is this a bad idea? Would I have a better chance at sales if I had a store for each category?

Can you tell I'm new to this whole idea and that I've been brainwashed by the Bay? Wink

M
wahm922

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My three stores are completely different items - plus size lingerie - children's boutique clothing - logos and templates . . .

But as far as search engine stuff goes having a keyword rich URL in this case store name will really help. So instead of naming my eCrater store Full Moon Intimates, I use plus size lingerie because that is a keyword people will use to search Wink

BT is much better at explaining this stuff, she is on a road trip right now but I'll make sure to give her a heads up to pop into this thread and explain things better!

BTW, its driving me nuts I know your name from somewhere - SD or IF maybe?
nonsport

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh...thanks D, I understand now.

I kinda think in my own little world and don't stray from the items I sell so, everything is relative for me and will do better for me all in one store. I see what you're saying though and it makes sense.

I have another selling ID where hubby lists books, CDs, action figures, vintage toys, and a few other things which may wind up in a store just for him to use. I'm thinking about it 'cuz I was originally going to add everything to my Bay store since they are collectibles.
Quote:
BTW, its driving me nuts I know your name from somewhere - SD or IF maybe?

Both Wink I was with SD for a few years then switched to IF over a year ago. I kept my SD account though 'cuz over 700 pictures for live store items were housed there and I was too lazy to transfer them and rewrite all my ads. When they merged everything was moved to IF and I'm still there.

M
mtnmemories

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
how do you put your logo in the space on your page that says image here?
I have done everything to set up our store & even listed 3 items, and have uploaded our logo,but it's above the page & not in the right place.
Does anyone know,what I need to do?
Thank you,
TN.Woman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: