eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

SHIPPING MATRIX - By Ounces Pounds Whatever you need
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GetGads4less

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I'm Totally confused with the shipping as today I just lost 2 sells because of that. I sell weight based items which are over a 1lb up to 3lbs, but don't know how to set up shipping to reflect that. I thought if I just sell in the US, Canada, Hawaii, mainlands maybe it would be easier for me to just set base price instead of dealing with the shipping matrix, but I don't want to set a price where I wind up paying more way more like what happen to me today, the shipping charged my customer 9.95 for first class shipping 1-3 days priority. It cost me 29.95 to ship 1-3 days. I'm totally confused and dont want this to happen again so I put my store on hold until I can resolve this issue. PLEASE HELP ANYONE!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked your store and for one it isn't on hold as you mentioned. I noted 2 different items. One listed with free shipping and one with $2.99 shipping for a T-shirt. You are most likely cutting that pretty close for shipping costs for the T-shirt.

The other thing I have noted is you seem to be wanting to collect sales tax for every state. Are you selling for a nationwide company as a drop shipper or as an individual seller? If you are an individual seller, you should only be collecting sales tax for your own state and have a tax permit to collect the tax. Also you have to be sure that you are collecting tax appropriately. For instance most clothing items are not taxable in PA and yet you are set up to collect 6% tax on your T-shirts.

As to your shipping prices, I think you need to slow down and figure out what it costs (packaged weight) for your items and then check with the USPS charts, unless you have an electronic postage set up, to see what the postage would be, THEN you need to set up the shipping costs either using the Matrix or fixed price or the calculated way.

Not sure how long your store has been set up here, but if it was only to grab Christmas buyers, you might want to turn things off until you have things set up correctly as you have lots of things to fix. If you want to sell here long term, you still need to get things set up correctly before you end up with lots of bad feedback.
GetGads4less

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: MoonwishesStore- Reply with quote

This is for MoonWishes Store

First and Fore most I took my store back off hold as I have spoke with the ecrater team of how to fix most of the problems that your relating to.

Second is I chose to set my shipping price based on my shipping calculator which tells me exactly the shipping cost for the products I sell which are weight based. Some of my products cost a lot to ship because of their weight, so as far as that goes I'm already good and besides I dont ship threw USPS! So far I haven't had any complaints as of yet from any of my customer and have been a physical business owner for many years. If you must know which I think is none of your business, I have a tax permit to collect taxes as well as know the laws as I have been to business school and tax preparer, so I don't need you to tell me what I can or cannot do.

I am new on this website so as well as other people, it takes time to learn how to do things, but I'm getting their. As far as setting up to just get Christmas money, WOW! I don't quite think that's the case, maybe you are? To be honest I lost money because your matrix system not calculating the shipments the right way, so maybe your right I might want to try another website that more comfortable where I do have to answer to suppose to be Business Peopel" LIKE YOU!..everybody is entitled to make money whether its Christmas or not, so why do you have a business to attack everyone on this forum? Obviously your not making no money spending all your time texting on here, so you need to check yourself!

Last but not least I asked for help, not for you to come at me like your satan himself. Please I wish not to speak with you again as I have received the help from the REAL PEOPLE! Which is the Ecrater Team.[/b]
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of what I wrote to you was meant to be nasty so I don't know why you thought you had to respond in as nasty a way as possible. I am not that kind of person as anyone here on this forum knows. You stated your store was on hold and barely 8 hours later I could see it wasn't I wanted you to be aware it wasn't on hold in case you had done something wrong when putting it on hold and needed to fix it. You hadn't come back and stated that you had gotten what help you needed from the ecrater team. If you had I wouldn't have bothered replying.

As to the tax issue, you are charging PA sales tax on items that are NOT taxable in PA, so you might want to check on that. I live in PA and I know the tax rules for that state.

You had shipping questions. yet when I tried to help you, you blow up. This was your first post, so I didn't know how long you have been on ecrater. Many people do set up chops here exclusively to grab an Christmas business they can. That certainly wasn't a vial or evil thought. But to my eyes, and I have sold here successfully for a long time, you have problems with your site and need to fix some things. but don't worry I will not answer any of your questions again as I certainly do have plenty to do.
artcrazylady

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: If Calculated Shipping Enabled, Do I Use Matrix?? Reply with quote

I am new. The shipping matrix has me as confused as a termite in a yoyo!! I've read comments in the forum and am still confused. I finally found the "Enable calculated shipping" under "Options," so chose that. it seems to be working, but do I still need to fill out the matrix? If so, can someone please explain its purpose to me--is it for calculating the shipping of multiple items? How can you enter a "cost" when that is determined by zip code?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@artcrazylady

1. make sure the weights on your items are the packed weight. Otherwise USPS Calculated could produce numbers lower than you expect.

2. You must put something in the matrix. That covers the infrequent events that USPS Calculated is running too slow to be used.

3. matrix is an all encompassing number for an entire country/region. You cannot use the matrix for zoned rates. You either have to put in the highest rate, or come up with a blended rate based on where you think most of your business will be shipped to.

4. There are ways to use the matrix for non-weight. Search the Community for 'synthetic weight'. This is something you would use when charging based on number of items ordered instead of weight.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@artcrazylady

Not that it is anything about the matrix, but you have listings that can get your store suspended. Your are not allowed duplicate listings such as the 4 Christmas ornaments that are all the same except for one that is twice as much as the others with nothing to show why it it worth $10 more than the others. Your burlap art also has duplicates. If you have more than one item, you need to make the quantity as that many in the listing.

edited to correct a spelling error.
fairytalechildrensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: shipping matrix Reply with quote

Im so confused on this and to the point that I wasted half a day on shipping matrix ive decided to up my prices and offer shipping included to the customer I cant take much more of this and its so confusing I have no idea if im over thinking this as to y its so hard or what but ive had enough can someone help me with this please
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The matrix is set up to offer shipping discounts. Another way to put it simply is, when a seller views item ABC in your store they see that item has a shipping charge of $2.09 and that item BCD has a shipping charge of $3.50 and so on. If you use fixed price shipping, the buyer will get charged a separate shipping fee for EACH item. So if they buy 3 items and each item has a shipping charge of $1, $2.50, and $4 that buyer will be charged $7.50 for shipping, even if it only costs $3.22 to ship all 3 items.

If you use the matrix however, those separate shipping costs are not added together. Instead, based on the weights you enter usually the highest shipping total out of every item in their cart is the amount used. So if they add 4 items to their cart and the highest shipping price for one of those items was $4.50 then the matrix will default to $4.50 and that's what the buyer pays to ship all 4 items, just $4.50 total. The matrix does this until they eventually add enough additional items to reach the next weight bracket in your matrix, then shipping goes up a little but not double or tripled over.

The USPS shipping calculator works very similarly but with multi item purchases it eventually goes haywire. For the first few items all is well but then it eventually doubles over and your buyer is charged $17.50 shipping for 4 tiny items so, use the matrix. But the numbers you see 1, 2, 4 etc are pound brackets. Enter in a shipping price underneath each pound bracket which is how much you are willing to ship a package of up to 2, 4, or 6 pounds for and so on. The matrix will combine the weights of all products put together and use that combined weight to determine which price bracket the buyer is charged based on what prices you entered into your matrix.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: shipping matrix Reply with quote

so if im reading you rite in the boxes that say 1,2, and so on I but an amount underneath each box is it really that simply I feel so dumb was about to pull my hair out thank you
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. You enter the weights into each item while making a listing. Bottom of page where it shows shipping options click the "weight based shipping" radio button, that will enable the shipping for that item to be set up thru the matrix. So if you determine you can ship up to 1lb. for $5.99 and you enter a 1 in the weight field for a certain item, that item will be charged $5.99 shipping since it falls in the 1lb. bracket range. If you have 2lb. packages set up to charge $7.99 shipping, if they add enough additional items to their cart to go over that 1lb. limit and into the 2lb. bracket they will be charged $7.99 instead.

As for ounces use:
0.1 = 1 ounce
0.2 = 2 ounces
and so on...

That comes in handy for tiny lightweight items. The matrix will add all item weights together that are entered in as ounces, allowing the buyer to order several small 1 ounce items and still pay just $5.99 (your one pound shipping price) to ship all of those tiny items unless they add enough additional items to go over into the next weight bracket. Some sellers claim you need to enter ounces as 0.01 but that extra zero is not necessary. 0.1 works just the same.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: few more questions Reply with quote

What is the Global Editor for and how do you fill that out and those google attributes do I need to fill them out and if so how I think im making this more complicated than it is but im trying to get everything rite the first time
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What is the Global Editor for and how do you fill that out and those google attributes do I need to fill them out and if so how I think im making this more complicated than it is but im trying to get everything rite the first time

In the thread introduce yourself there is a thread under Beadsouk's name about the matrix. I pondered and thought and reread, etc. for two days trying to figure it out and the lightbulb went on and I couldn't understand why it had all seemed so hard. But anyhow I have some more explanation of it in that thread, well actually quite a few different threads and that is the most recent.

To clarify one thing. If you use the matrix, and you have put a weight of 1 for 3 different items and a weight of 2 on another, if a buyer buys those four items the matrix will give a shipping cost of 5 (whatever amount you have chosen for the 5-6 column). It goes 1+1+1+2=5. It sounded from what Mysterious said, and I could have been reading it wrong, that you would have the matrix return 2 for the shipping cost since it was the highest amount. The matrix adds up all the 'weights' and returns the result by adding them all up. I've been using it for years with lots of sales and it has never let me down or left me holding the bag for not getting enough postage paid.

As to your other question. Don't even worry about the global editor at this point. That is for use when you want to make changes to all your categories or one category or change the currency exchange for international sales. So when you feel like you need to use it for something, then ask and we will be glad to help. If you think you actually have to use it now, tell us what you are trying to do.

The google attributes is a bear and nobody can overthink that crazy corporation, I'm not real good at explaining it, so hopefully someone else can come along and help, but there are MANY, MANY, MANY threads about doing attributes in the forums so if you do a search for them you should be able to find some.

It is to be commended to trying to get it right at the beginning. Some newbies don't seem to care and then get mad if we tell them they are doing something the is actually wrong or something that is just not a good practice to do so.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@fairytalechildrensclothing

Think of it like this, the columns in the matrix nominally represent pounds. You can use them for anything tho, as long as you are prepared to use them the same way for all products in your store (and if you choose not to use pounds, then USPS Calculated shipping is off-limits).

For more and various discussions about this, search in the Community for "synthetic weight".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the thread introduce yourself there is a thread under Beadsouk's name about the matrix. I pondered and thought and reread, etc. for two days trying to figure it out and the lightbulb went on and I couldn't understand why it had all seemed so hard.

I was too tired to be writing the other day I think. That paragraph should have gone like this:

In the thread Introduce Yourself there is a current thread under Beadsouk's name about the matrix which might give you some help. When I was setting up MY store, I pondered and thought and reread, etc. for two days trying to figure the matrix out and then the lightbulb went on and I couldn't understand why it had all seemed so hard!

I didn't mean that I couldn't figure out what Beadsouk was writing, etc. Just wanted to clarify for those that see this discussion later.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 21 of 25

Jump to: