eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi to the forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeminijadesPlace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Hi to the forum Reply with quote

I have a newish eCrater site, and just learned of the forum. I have some questions, and am looking around and learning. I am looking for great things in the future. Happy to say hello to you all.

geminijade
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello & welcome!
GeminijadesPlace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I am looking forward to connecting with eCrater members. I appreciate your welcome. Is there a way to visit your shop? Oops, I figured it out. Nice shop!

geminijade
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

Not sure why your Bill Gates book is so expensive but if it is truly worth that much money there should be something in your description to explain the price. The only thing I can think of is that it is signed first printing; if it is you should say so.

There are tons of 1sts like yours listed online starting at $1.95.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater, hope you have many sales.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

GeminijadesPlace wrote:
I appreciate your welcome. Is there a way to visit your shop? Oops, I figured it out. Nice shop!

geminijade

Thank you!
GeminijadesPlace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Bill Gates book Reply with quote

Hi Maggie the cat,

I looked at my text info on the book. There are a lot out there. I had saved several examples, all first edition, first printing. One at 145.27 and another at 124.95, neither were signed. Then there was another with CD opened at 40.00. I took the middle path with the price. My book is as new, never read, CD envelope never opened, some wear on the jacket. Signed volumes were more expensive. I use addall.com for most of my book research and usually only go away from them if my book is not listed there as for sale at all. I would appreciate your thoughts. Below are the items I used to base my price:

Love him or loathe him, Mr Microsoft is certainly an influential voice in the modern business world and The Road Ahead is definitely an important addition to any business library. Gates's description of the beginnings of the information age, while somewhat over-emphasizing his own contributions and downplaying those of his competitors, is nonetheless as clear and enlightening as any in print today. Likewise, his view of the digital future--from hardware to software and education to entertainment--should be read and studied by all who use technology in their business today or plan to use it on the road ahead 145.27

New York: Viking Press, 1995. First Edition/first printing.. Hardcover. I/as new. ISBN:0670772895. [4to] xiv.286p. ill.(b/w_photos) index. Includes CD containing the complete book text with hundreds of multi-media hyperlinks, a special interview with Bill Gates and much more. Previous owners neat stamp on ffep. As new in dj protected against wear and tear in Brodart Archival Mylar. Viking 124.95

New York: Viking, 1995. 0670772895. First Edition; First Printing. Hardcover. ISBN: 0670772895. Cd-Rom included but opened.. Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket . 40.00

Thanks, geminijade and Miss Pearl (my kitty photo)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: