eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

GBP prices changing automatically

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xcelplustore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: GBP prices changing automatically Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I expect this is a simple problem I caused myself.

I'm a UK seller. My GBP price keeps following the USD price, and I need a fixed GBP price.

I sell internationally, and require a fixed GBP and USD price.

I have ticked the "enable GBP currency" box. Thats the only box on the Options page ticked.

What am I missing?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you need to check the box by "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" which will allow you to convert your prices yourself. If you want to change the conversion rate, you would use the Global Editor.
xcelplustore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
I believe you need to check the box by "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies"

Thank you for your advice. I remember having a click of this option, however I thought it would put off buyers, from say Europe.

i.e. it would show £10 instead of €12.

As long as the GBP price stays the same..
Thanks alot.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think our prices will show as anything other than the GBP, Australian dollar and US dollar. They don't fluctuate to the euro, etc.

I set and control my own international prices which works better for me. So that is actually something you would probably want to do if you want to stay with a set rate. However, whatever you have as the shipping prices, ecrater handles that and they round the amounts up so you will se at times where you listing shipping as AU$3.75, but ecrater will round it up to AU$4.00. At times they reconvert the amount depending on how the currency conversion is going, so you might see your shipping price drop to AU$3.00. I found that I have to at times add more to the shipping price to be sure that the amount I get will cover the cost of shipping.

There is no announcement on the boards when they change the rate nor do they want you to ask them when the will change them.
xcelplustore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Moonwishes

Thats very helpful to know.
I too prefer to set my own currency prices.
I find with products that are predominatly for the US market require a competitive price (to compete with other US stores), however in the UK I can charge a higher price.

Offering all UK products with free postage solved a lot of problems. Personally I don't know what the fuss was about over on eBay. I've certainly profited for this.

e.g. Free 2nd class postage, or 1st class for £1.50.
Therefore I make 50p on each 1st class order. Furthermore, asking £3.50 for 1st class before rarely had any takers.
Now 25% of my customers pay £1.50 for 1st class.
Yet the sale price already includes £2.60 for Royal Mails pocket.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh one other thing while it is in my brain. If when doing a listing and you have had to reset prices including the UK and AU ones and then you click on the add button but get an error messages that for instance your title was over 100 characters. You need to reset the international prices again as well as adding the picture back in again. It isn't something that you would necessarily double check. I know I didn't.

I learned this the happy way. I sold a pattern to the UK for double what I was charging for it in the US and when trying to figure out why, I realized that the prices had reverted to the listing prior to that. Not only did I make more money than I expected Very Happy but I learned that patterns that I had been keeping the price down because of their MSRP would sell for much more than I originally thought Very Happy . It was a nice lesson to learn, but thankfully I made money instead of selling my highest priced items for my lowest amount!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: