eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi! New store! HBMC Designs Handmade Creations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hbmcdesigns

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Hi! New store! HBMC Designs Handmade Creations Reply with quote

Hi there! We just opened our store a few days ago! We would like to get involved with the eCRATER community. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to include all measurements of your items in the listings. You will need the length of the chain, size of the pendant, earrings, meaurements of anklets and bracelets, etc. Also you should have the metal contant for those who might be allergic to nickel or other metals.

Good luck with your new store!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few suggestions. First, on your stores home front the message you have typed in is too long as it is getting cut off at the bottom of the page. I can see that you started to invite people to your facebook page but, you can't see your facebook URL. Try shortening your message or running the sentences together a little more closely.

Also, with your item titles no one is going to be able to find your items via the search. They can find your earrings by going to the earring category and finding them while browsing through the pages but, not every buyer will go to a specific category to find what they are looking for. An example: Not every buyer looking for earrings will click on ecrater's jewelry or earrings categories, many buyers know exactly what they want and will use the search instead. They will type in things like handmade turquoise earrings, earrings with crystals, green beaded earrings, etc.

Earrings is the keyword in those search terms. The buyer will always type in earrings no matter what kind of earrings they are looking for because otherwise, how else is the search going to know that the buyer is looking for earrings? You need to put the word earrings in your titles or bracelet, necklace, whatever it is and also describe the item. Buyers don't go to the search and type in things like Victorian Queen, Simple Attraction, Posh Tidepool. Typing that in would bring up a huge number of items and probably everything from bedsheets and earrings to perfume scents and who knows what else. I know that fancy titles like that make jewelry seem classy and it's great for differentiating between collections but, not if you want buyers to find you. You can still include those fancy names but try something like these instead.

If Display name is more important to you:

Posh Tidepool Seashell Chips & Pearls Cream Colored Handmade Earrings

use your fancy product name first, but it could hurt you in the searches. By the way, you could substitute the word handmade with handcrafted or beaded instead.

Another variation could be, if you are more interested in getting found in the searches on google/yahoo, etc.:

Seashell Chips & Pearls Cream Handcrafted Dangle Earrings - Posh Tidepool

Google search only picks up on the first few words in your title so make the first 3 or 4 words really count! In this case, you would put your fancy product name at the end of the title and put keywords at the beginning like seashells, pearls, cream. You don't have to follow my advice but trust me, as an experienced seller of over 10 years I know what I'm talking about. You will not get found in the searches unless you add more details into your titles, and others will agree with me on this. Back when I was still learning the basics of online selling I also use to make my titles fancy like Victorian Queen Earrings and I said nothing more than that in my titles and no one ever bought my jewelry until I added in those extra keywords to describe the product! After that, not only did my jewelry actually start selling but my views/page visits increased 10 fold.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one of my listings as an example. I'll admit, I could add in a few more words to make my jewelry sound oh so fabulous and stunning lol (which I plan on doing soon) but at least it describes the materials used, the colors, the metals used, and the length of the earrings. Some of my listings do include the bead sizes too but, most people that buy handmade jewelry aren't artists, they can't create the earrings them self which is why they are buying them from you so, all those fancy terms like 8mm beads mean nothing to most buyers unless they are a jewelry artisan too.

http://tigercreekgifts.ecrater.com/p/17077642/red-glass-silver-square-charms

http://tigercreekgifts.ecrater.com/p/16351950/purple-swarovski-crystals-dangle-drops
hbmcdesigns

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your feedback! We will make the changes you suggested. And I'm not seeing the the URL to my Facebook page being cut off but I will fix the spacing, if your seeing it others may be too.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Nice jewels.

My suggestions have already been mentioned. Remember you can post 10 photos per listing so no need to limit yourself to one view. Do close ups of interesting details etc.

To wax poetic can be dreamy but as Jack Webb used to say on Dragnet, "Just the facts, lady. Just the facts." In your case start with the facts and get poetic as a wrap.
taylormade4u

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Welcome
hilltopshoppe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your jewelry items are very nice. I agree with the previous advice - it would be helpful to include dimensions such as length of earrings and bracelets.
Good luck! Hope you have lots of sales.
clairescloset

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your new store!
justmarkdowns

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I viewed your store. Many lovely items to choose from. Much success to you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: