SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Need help, non stop difficulties.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Is there a set limit as to how many times you can print it?

Nope, how could they monitor a PDF file sitting on your hard drive, workable offline? Actually, you can reprint identical labels directly from the active label screen, both with their print button and with the "number of copies=" function in print preferences.

I'm sure there would be ramifications for trying to use multiple copies of the same label. I know that my local Post Office has been excellent about scanning packages lately, so in my case the duplicate labels might not even make it out of my neighborhood before they're caught. It just doesn't seem like a gamble any reputable seller would take; let's hope the crum-bums don't ruin it for the rest of us.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are multiple programs that will interface with your printer. Try dopdf or pdf editor for an easier time. You'll have to futz with the settings, but it will enable you to print a pdf of practically anything, postal or non to print later from another location. With a print center nearby, you won't even need a printer at home (not an economical solution but fine when there's not feet of snow outside).
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
The only thing you can save in endicia is a postage label layout. You can't save the actual postage label itself.

Sure you can. I save Endicia postage labels as PDF files all the time to email to customers to use for returns. I just choose the option to print it to a PDF instead of a printer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do returns and have no reason to put a postage label into a pdf. If I did need to send a customer a 'return' postage label' I would just print one out like I usually do and change the date when doing it and send that. Yet again, though, when looking I'm not finding it. I don't need instructions to it. I just think it is weird to give the ability to print postage multiple times. Granted WE wouldn't do it, but what if someone hacked your computer and did it? Not only would you be liable you could go to the pokey for a very long time!
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure if someone hacked into my computer, they are going to steal credit card information or something valuable, not print multiple postage labels. I mean, really. LOL Laughing
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I know YOU didn't want instructions, but as I'm always reminded here that others search on these threads for answers, here is a link for OTHER people who may be looking for how to print return postage and email it to a customer so they can print the label at home and affix it to their package, using Endicia:

http://www.endicia.com/Features/ReturnShippingLabels/

Because anyone who takes PayPal takes returns, regardless of their return policy.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Because anyone who takes PayPal takes returns, regardless of their return policy.

I've never done a return through PP, and as I mentioned before, I would send a label directly to a customer assuming I would have to refund something.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: