eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Would PayPal IPN for another site interfere with eCrater?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skincareideas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Would PayPal IPN for another site interfere with eCrater? Reply with quote

I have been working on another site which requires me to set up the IPN (Instant Payment Notification) URL on PayPal. I am not familiar with IPN and went ahead with activating the IPN on PayPal.

I am however unsure if this IPN setting would interfere with order placement and PayPal payment notification for eCrater orders? Does anyone know if it alright?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make a purchase from youself and see what happens.
OR
call PayPal and ask them
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not sure about this one. Surely somebody here has done it but I haven't...
skincareideas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that you would have to set up the "notify_url" in the script, whatever that means... Confused Once the "notify_url" is set up properly, it doesn't matter if you have several sites sharing the same PayPal account and having different PayPal IPN URL. The "notify_url" will override any default setting in PayPal.

Since eCrater has taken care of all the scripts, I presume that it would be able to override any default IPN setting in the PayPal account. Just so that we will be notify of order and payment from sales on eCrater and not other sites. Yes?
discounteddvds

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Paypal IPN Reply with quote

We need a Paypal IPN to be sent to our regular IPN address, because our backend server uses the IPN data to populate the orders database. Without it, the server doesn't put the order in the orders database and on the shipping list. It appears that the IPN address is being redirected by eCrater. What can be done?
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal IPN Reply with quote

discounteddvds wrote:
We need a Paypal IPN to be sent to our regular IPN address, because our backend server uses the IPN data to populate the orders database. Without it, the server doesn't put the order in the orders database and on the shipping list. It appears that the IPN address is being redirected by eCrater. What can be done?

Only Ecrater can answer you
Go to www.ecrater.com click contact in the bottom right corner
Explain it to them all they can do is tell you no we don't do that
smartsof

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: We need a Paypal IPN to be sent to our regular IPN address Reply with quote

I am having the same issue. I need the Paypal IPN to be sent to the IPN address designated in my Paypal account. I need this because I sell downloads and need the customer to automatically be sent a download link upon purchase. Has anyone found a solution to this?
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't that stuff just go by the code you insert , for ANY given different "page".

Just a thought, I have no clue what you guys are talking about.

Just seems like one site can't interfere with another, call paypal.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: We need a Paypal IPN to be sent to our regular IPN addre Reply with quote

smartsof wrote:
I am having the same issue. I need the Paypal IPN to be sent to the IPN address designated in my Paypal account. I need this because I sell downloads and need the customer to automatically be sent a download link upon purchase. Has anyone found a solution to this?

Only eCrater can answer this. You need to send them a Contact asking about it.

I will make one observation ... eCrater needs the IPN as well, both to mark the payment complete, and to effect the Inventory Control change to the quantity on-hand.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have IPN set for my site and it still works here. Just don't ever turn it off and you will be okay.

Problem I have on my site is IPN is currently being blocked between PayPal and my host as of 12/17. But it has nothing to do with ecrater. I'm switching away from Hostgator for that (and many other) reasons. Probably going to get an SSL and drop PayPal too and switch to Simplify.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
I have IPN set for my site and it still works here. Just don't ever turn it off and you will be okay.

Then I guess I don't understand the OP (and OP #2) questions. Do they have a real issue, or are they expecting something to break, that has not yet done so.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The origins of this thread is seven years ago, so I would think at this point some things have changed greatly. If not, I would think contacting ecrater is the best bet.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: