eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Pinterest traffic and Fees

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyEmma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Pinterest traffic and Fees Reply with quote

We are just a really small scale collective of sellers - just a couple of sales a month. Still, within a few weeks of setting up a Pinterest account to see if we could shake things up a little, we had a noticeable increase in our meager hits on items that were "Pinned".

In fact, we had a couple of substantial sales around the holidays as a direct result of Pinterest. How could we tell? Not only could we see that certain items were being pinned or liked, we could see that the same buyer liking an item would came to purchase the item.

Ecrater lists these as "Marketplace" sales so we incur fees. We are certainly willing to pay fees when a sale is legit Marketplace traffic. That said, we have put forth substantial time and effort to learn about, set up and maintain a Pinterest account.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thank you in advance!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What product page does the Pinterest click thru to (marketplace or a page in your individual store) ?
LuckyEmma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
What product page does the Pinterest click thru to (marketplace or a page in your individual store) ?

I copy and paste the item Url as the pin.
The "Pin" is therefore linked directly to the item, not our store, not the Marketplace.

Thanks
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fees in only the Marketplace clicks. As far I read from other sellers items by Pinterest appears specify as Pinterest. No fees if the pins was from your store.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyEmma wrote:
I copy and paste the item Url as the pin.
The "Pin" is therefore linked directly to the item, not our store, not the Marketplace.

Just so that there is no confusion ...

If the item's URL begins with 'www', that is a marketplace URL.

If the item's URL begins with 'LuckyEmma', that is a store URL.

The 'www' marketplace URL will cause the 2.9% marketplace fee to apply.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had about 10 Pinterest sales that were specifically marked as Pinterest. If these buyers look at your goods and then do a Google search for the same thing and find your item again and they click on that and it brings them to your item via the marketplace, that is a legitimate marketplace sale. The only way to get marked as Pinterest is if they actually click on the pin that has a url pointing to the item in your store.

How are you pinning them? Are you opening your store via the Preview button and when the item that you want to pin comes up, then pinning the url of them? Or are you pinning the items via the Pin button on the ecrater marketplace page? Makes a difference. We have no pin button in our stores at present.
LuckyEmma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are exactly right. I open the store via the Preview button, click on an item, copy the URL, pasting the URL into the plus sign/add pin from web, then selecting (now in Pinterest) my eCrater image that is displayed. If I click on the Pin I go right to the store item.

It is a little clumsy, but it seems to work. The issue may be what you are saying, the buyer goes and does other things on the computer....

So, if a buyer click-enters the store via my Pin, but then goes and looks at, say the main eCrater page out of curiosity or for due diligence (as I might do if it was my first time purchasing from an unknown entity) - this could ultimately mean the breadcrumb trail from my Pin is lost?

Thanks again for all of your helpful information.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be what happened, but obviously the ecrater team would know for sure. I did want to assure you though that if something does come directly through Pinterest it will show that way. Google even has Pinterest listings in the search as well which I suppose would lead back to marketplace although I'm not positive on that but I've seen pinterest links on the google organic search but I never checked where they came from.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: