eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Tracking shows package delivered but to DIFFERENT zip code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Tracking shows package delivered but to DIFFERENT zip code Reply with quote

Help!!! This has never happened to me before. I shipped a package last week via USPS Priority mail with tracking and insurance and the package shows delivered last night but to a DIFFERENT city and zip code! The customer contacted me last night and said it shows delivered and wants to where her package is and why it was sent to a different city. I printed the shipping label through Paypal and it shows her correct confirmed address I shipped it to. Why would it be delivered to a different city and zip code? What should I do now???? Please HELP!!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was a Priority Mail package? Contact the USPS about the issue.
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it was a Priority mail package with insurance.

Has this even happened to anyone else?
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does her address on the eCrater invoice match the PayPal address?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the detail on the tracking show FORWARDED ?

Alternately, did you check the address with USPS before you shipped ? You can still do that now, and see if USPS spits back the same address with zip+4.
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, address on ecraters order and paypal address are identical. Paypal address also shows confirmed.
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray............USPS website shows correct address / zip. The street does not even exist in the city and zip code where it shows it was delivered to. Tracking does not show it was forwarded. Shows it was out for delivery in the correct city, then delivered in a different city and zip code.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YardSaleBargains wrote:
cosmicray............USPS website shows correct address / zip. The street does not even exist in the city and zip code where it shows it was delivered to. Tracking does not show it was forwarded. Shows it was out for delivery in the correct city, then delivered in a different city and zip code.

Talk to your local post office (or postmaster). They may have to talk to the destination post office to find out what happened. It is possible that the hand scanner used to record delivery, was reporting for a zip code other than the post office where the package was handled by. I don't know, but someone on the destination end should be able to figure it out.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me once before, maybe you have the same situation? Customer contacted me saying her package was showing as delivered but to a different city and zip code. Come to find out that the customer had moved a few months prior & there was a mix up, the P.O. was trying to forward her package to her old address because they said they tried to ship to her new address but the postman said it appeared that no one lived there & he didn't want to risk leaving the package on the door step.

The P.O. tried to deliver it there a few times but I guess no one was home (no cars in the driveway) & the customer moved into a home in a newly developed neighborhood so the yard wasn't decorated with trees or plants yet & she said it did look baron like no one lived there when there were no cars in the driveway. The P.O. was eventually able to get it to her but she was forced to come in & pick it up.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My zip code changed some 14 years ago
99% of the time if I enter my correct zip code it comes up with a different city even on USPS.com
I live in HIghlands ranch, zip code is shared with Littleton
Since the 80129 zip code belonged to just Littleton for many years that is what usually ends up showing
My old zip code 80130 which usually comes up HR but I won't get mail if that zip is used!

So it might be a similar case where USPS just shows the original zip code city like in my case
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zip codes last two numbers go in alphabetical order of the name of the towns in the county or geographic area so that could be playing a part in this.

I went through something similar last month on a Sunday no less. The tracking showed forwarding, and the buyer was ticked off at me and when I suggested patience and that most likely it would be delivered on Monday. With that she escalated the claim in PP! Rolling Eyes Well Monday came and sure enough her package arrived and she sent me a heart-felt apology and closed the claim. Not sure why she was so ticked off and didn't want to wait for the Monday mail, but that's life. Still have no idea why they forwarded it and had it in the wrong city in the first place but somehow the buyer seemed to think it was MY fault. Why are all these things OUR fault when we aren't the ones making the delivery??? Seems like it would be nicer just to sell download products Very Happy
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update................

Buyer contacted me and said she went to her post office twice to find out where her package is. Said she finally received it, everything looks good and thanks. No other explanation.

The city and zip code that it shows delivered to is no where near where she lives.

Her first email to me about her missing package also stated she had a shop last year in the city and zip where the package showed delivered.

I have a feeling the package was forwarded to that address and was not scanned as "forwarded" because the tracking did not show that. Only out for delivery and then Delivered.

Oh well, glad that's over with!!! Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad for you too! Always nice to get those sort of things behind you.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. Some of the authors in forums forget to maintain updates. And the info can help others with similar issues.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: