eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Customizable Domain Names

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReedCandleCompany

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Customizable Domain Names Reply with quote

I am new to ECrater and am not finding any information regarding creating or buying Customizable Domain Names. I appreciate any insight, direction or/ clarity I can receive from this community.

Thanks!

GG Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I don't think eCrater has what you want with the customizable domain names. But to honest, I am not very tech savvy. I just wanted you to know that there are some problems with your store. When you sell in an eCrater store, you are not permitted to sell the same item in various grouping. Like item B, one for $3 or 4 for $6. You will need to fix that before you get suspended.
ReedCandleCompany

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can register the domain of your choosing through a registrar site (GoDaddy, etc) then follow the registrar's instructions for domain forwarding to forward the traffic to your ecrater store.

Be sure you use forwarding, not masking and forwarding. Masking causes problems with checkout.
ReedCandleCompany

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you too.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another aside, you can't have duplicate listings either.

I was also reading one of your descriptions and it seemed to indicate they buyer had a choice of scents. If so it is easier to have different listings for the candle and the specific scents you are selling. For example. One pink candle with gumdrop scent and another listing for a pink candle with strawberry scent. Otherwise there is no way for your buyer to indicate what scents they want and you can end up with a lot of time wasting correspondence back and forth before you can ship an order. If there is something different in each listing (other than quantity which was already mentioned) you can have a listing for each difference. I hope I explained that right and didn't confuse you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: