eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Something is blocking my computer from uploading photos.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Something is blocking my computer from uploading photos. Reply with quote

I was listing an item in my store and when I tried to upload the photos I got a banner warning at the bottom of my screen that Internet Explorer was blocking a pop-up from my computer.

I have uploaded thousands of pics from this computer. I have no idea why this is happening or how to counteract it. Any suggestions?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just not happening on eCRATER. It also happens on other sites. I have no idea what is causing this. I turned off the pop-up blocker when this happened. I've not made any other changes to my computer.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anti virus and Firewall? What is your service provider? Verizon?

Verizon Accused of Throttling Traffic to eBay Listing Tool Auctiva
http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m02/i17/s02
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use Verizon nor Auctiva. I'm in Canada and use a Canadian ISP. I'll try running a security scan. It runs automatically but never finds anything.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some of these answers on Microsoft Community may help.

http://tinyurl.com/lc7anu5
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to try the press control thing. I did a full scan with no results. I also have turned off the pop-up blocker. I will try to reset to see what happens. Certainly the people who are asking the questions have the exact same thing. However the people are asking about IE8 which is 5 years old. According to my computer I have IE11. It updates automatically.

Thanks for the link.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answers are all about four or five years old so if the pop up function changed a lot and they may no longer be valid answers but the pop up function problems may still be the same or similar to IE8.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes your anti-virus software or your firewall will prevent you from doing something, especially if you have Norton anti-virus. The biggest scam I've ever seen. My dad has it on his laptop which was still miraculously able to be infected with a small Trojan virus the other day.

Did Norton notify me of that Trojan or manage to counteract it? Absolutely not. So I do a system restore & a few other things & the problem is fixed after I intercepted. A few days later Norton decides its gonna work when it's not needed & there's no actual problem.

Every time I tried to access the Mozilla web browser it said that Firefox was dangerous & it refused to let me open it or when it did finally open, Norton would pop up with a warning message & then shut down the browser.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to say I feel for you Maggie. So glad I have hubby to dump all that on to figure out the problems! One of our major agreements when we got married he would be in charge of computers and plus he was in charge of arranging anything that needed done with cars. I would sew on buttons and mend as needed. I got the better half of the deal. LOL Very Happy I actually wouldn't know what I would do since all the wires are pretty much inaccessable to me so I would have to hire someone to come in a fix my computer every time something goes wonky.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is solved. One of the answers on the help link above said to change the user name on the computer and sign in again. I did and it worked. Thanks School Yearbooks for the link. Otherwise I'd still be looking.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Maggie.

In our house we google everything. Car acts up, kitchen appliance on the fritz, legal or medical questions, you name it. It saves a ton of anguish and money.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: