eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Desperate Need of Help Setting Up Free Shipping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodTech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Desperate Need of Help Setting Up Free Shipping Reply with quote

Im a new seller having trouble setting up free shipping. Its so annoying because every time i click on the "free shipping to United States" option and the update the page. It always go back to the "Fixed Shipping To" option. I have become so annoyed with this that i have actually tried to just go with the "Fixed shipping To" Option. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that I have every item in every weight category at 0.00 for shipping. I thought this would be the solution however each time someone purchase from my shop (Which is only me testing the shipping) I get charge crazy rates of $22. for shipping a item under 1 pound in the united states. I search for forums and comments on eCrater for people having similar problems unfortunately Im literally the only person that posted the phrase "Free Shipping" when the search results appear. Please can someone save a fellow seller in need. I look to start a successful business here with ecrater.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are Waaaaay overthinking.

All you do is use fixed shipping, then enter "0" for the amounts.

And, make sure you have a shipping weight of "0".

that's it, that's all you have to do.
Cool

The free shipping thing might not work, since I already had zeros when they added that checkbox it just kept it as zeros. But it didn't seem to have an effect.
so type in the zeros.

Last edited by A-Better-Way on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you open a store on eCRATER the option for USPS Calculated shipping is on by default. It is storewide and overrides any other choice of shipping. If you want to use only free shipping or the shipping matrix, you must "turn off" USPS Calculated shipping. In your admin, go to Account -> Options, and remove the check mark from the box by "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead".
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
When you open a store on eCRATER the option for USPS Calculated shipping is on by default. It is storewide and overrides any other choice of shipping. If you want to use only free shipping or the shipping matrix, you must "turn off" USPS Calculated shipping. In your admin, go to Account -> Options, and remove the check mark from the box by "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead".

And that Laughing

I turned that off knowing I didn't want that from the start, logic.

Glad you posted that.
GoodTech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you guys for replying.
So i just unchecked usps shipping tried to go update a item to free shipping and still it goes to "Fixed Shipping To".

Once again I tried to use this fixed shipping option, I have the weight scale set to all zeros and still when i attempt to buy I get charge ridiculous rates
GoodTech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you guys i just tried to repurchase the item and here we are with no shipping cost. Thank You . I wish I could leave positive feedback.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: