eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Masking & Forwarding Domains

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soap-Supplies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Masking & Forwarding Domains Reply with quote

I may not be using the correct lingo! Just a warning!

I leased - for the lack of a better term - my domain from GoDaddy. I just set up my domain in my GoDaddy account to mask and forward traffic from my old website to my new eCrater store. It says it can take up to 24 hours for the change to occur. Any way to tell if I did it correctly or do I wait until tomorrow and see?

Also, do I need a web host to keep the mask working? I have cancelled my hosting services with my old site host. For some reason my site stills shows up so I'm not sure what they are doing. Any advice?

TIA!

~Shyra
http://soap-supplies.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
urbanmash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Even though godaddy advises that the change may take up to 24 hours, it frequently goes through a lot faster. You'll just have to check back periodically to see when it finally goes through.

If you already had this domain pointed at your own website, make sure that you have cancelled the DNS settings in your godaddy account. If you haven't done this, the forwarding will not work. When you log into your account, find the link for DNS settings and change your domain to "Parked".

I hope that helps!

Leesha Dawn
moviefoyer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: go daddy forwarding Reply with quote

i too was told by GODADDY that the forwarding processing would be 24 hours....... it was more like 24 minutes! works fine.
Soap-Supplies

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I didn't know I needed to park the domain. All fixed. My email with GODaddy is now working....Still waiting for the forwarding of the site to be kicked in, but it says that it can take 48 hours for the domain change to occur. I had to change the DNS so maybe it will cycle over night or tomorrow.

~Shyra
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I forwarded through GoDaddy I'm not sure if it took 24 hours but it may have been 12 or more. I just know I kept checking throughout the rest of the day but didn't end up seeing it work until the next morning..
Soap-Supplies

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries! GoDaddy has everything striaghtened out. I checked when I got home from work and the forwarding worked!

Thank you guys so much for your help! I REALLY appreciate it. I couldn't get help like with the Bay store I had or from my old web host.

~Shyra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: