eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

USPS Tracking Numbers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: USPS Tracking Numbers Reply with quote

I don't know why the post office bothers to provide tracking numbers. I bought some stuff about a week ago and they were sent with tracking numbers. The only thing is the tracking has not been updated since the first 2 days. The thing is the seller marked them sent on the 25th but the tracking shows the post office got it on the 27th. So who do I believe? Anyway the tracking should be updated daily or what good is it? Sorry for the vent.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I put this in the wrong section. Please move if it is in the wrong place.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the item was ship with a PayPal label. It automatically mark it as shipped not matter the day you choose to ship display in the label.

I personally have issues with the carrier pick-up. It looks like the person in charge to report the order to the carrier in my area now is a part-time. So in many occasions the carrier never call and I end next day in the post office or give it to the carrier next day. As far I saw if you give the package to the carrier without an pick-up order. In near 75% of the cases the update appears when it reach the sort facility in the capital.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember why, but last week I had a reason to checking the tracking on packages I had dropped in the bin in front of the PO. when I looked at the tracking several days later, they all show the pick up before the notification of a package coming to them, so I suspect these things don't really get posted in a consistent order at the beginning.

Don't forget that delivery confirmation is confirmation that the package arrived not that it was tracked on a day to day basis even though we love it when it does. Unless of course the PO changed something and I missed it.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I go to the post office and stand in line to mail my packages. I then know they get immediate scans. Lots of people think it's ridiculous, but I have little trouble with tracking.

I am also fortunate that my post office is 5 minutes away. Plus, it gives me an opportunity to befriend the post office folks, which always helps.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had instances when the tracking sticker wasn't scanned at all. The only thing it showed was package received on such & such date at this location. Then it took like 4 days after the package arrived to the customer for the postal employee to change the status to delivered, sometimes they didn't even do that & the tracking went unused the whole week.

Sometimes the postal employees slack off or don't seem to be well educated on the USPS policies so, sometimes I have to set someone straight. Wink No, I'm not mean about it but I do get a little stern if that person is set in their ways & refuses to listen to what I have to say. I've been selling online for several years, been on many venues, shipped hundreds of packages, I know my sh*t when it comes to the USPS Very Happy
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a SCAN form and just drop the packages off with the form on top of the pile. Problem solved!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
I use a SCAN form and just drop the packages off with the form on top of the pile. Problem solved!

Around here (a moderately rural area of north Florida) I suspect there are no more than 10 shippers (across 4 post offices) that generate the SCAN form. Unless a particular clerk has seen me before, they have to ask which screen to find it on. Usually they try the acceptance for postage bar-code, which the doesn't work with the SCAN form.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be interested in reading this ecommercebytes post about DC

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/comments/2014/4/1396456422.html/1/0#1396494854
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
thecheapskirt wrote:

Around here (a moderately rural area of north Florida) I suspect there are no more than 10 shippers (across 4 post offices) that generate the SCAN form. Unless a particular clerk has seen me before, they have to ask which screen to find it on. Usually they try the acceptance for postage bar-code, which the doesn't work with the SCAN form.

Maybe you should print this out and bring it along to each post office: https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2006/html/pb22192/pb6ktxt.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: