SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

my sales have suddenly dropped and i dont know why
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You missed my point. I know it's trademark infringement and illegal without a proper license. It's minuscule compared to the other types of infringement they have to deal with and that's why simple sellers like this can get away with it all over the internet. This seller was only suspended because they were dumb enough to expose themselves to the forum.

I didn't miss your point at all. You would be surprised when and how companies come after the little guys. XXXXX came after me at one point and in particular they seemed to imply that I had an illegal source of their sewing patterns (I didn't as all were obtained legally). The company had obviously gone to a great deal of trouble to track several of us sellers down about this. My pro bono lawyer set them straight. One of the reasons I never sell a pattern without an envelope. Patterns being sold without an envelope have had the envelopes returned to their respective companies and documented as destroyed, so people selling THOSE patterns have obtained them illegally. They should never be put up for sale.

Companies, depending on their size, have whole departments that their only job is to track down people that are illegally using their trademarks and registered names and symbols. Ecrater is super careful as those companies can also try to shut down the venues where the people are selling these things. They don't want to face a court battle and the costs. They do a really good job shutting down the baddies here, but they do get a bit of help when they come to the forum and basically ask for people to look at their stores and give advice and it is blatant. I didn't recognize any of the symbols at that point since I don't follow bands, etc. Obviously others did. Most of those kind of sellers get found eventually here anyhow.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
secretarybird

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Impliedvinyl. What kind of promoting are you doing? Here we really do need to market our stores and not just depend on Google stuff to get you customers.

If you sell on other sites, I would highly advise putting a printed thank you note into each package sold on those other places that direct your customer to here (and of course any other places you sell as well), with the indication of possible lower prices.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would highly advise putting a printed thank you note into each package sold

Absolutely, including packages shipped from here so they know how to find you again and perhaps by-pass the marketplace fee.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they have been suspended. I was about to say, they have several stickers for some of the bands that I love & I know some of them don't allow 3rd party retailers to sell merchandise with their logos on it.

In regard to one of the bands whose logo they were selling, One of my buddies is good friends with the lead singer of that band so I've met him a few times & he told me that trademark infringement is a huge battle he faces. He said he more than appreciates fans creating art in tribute to his band & sharing it online with their friends but that his band loses a ton of money from people who sell products using their logos & since they are popular around the world, it happens quite frequently.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: