eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

International Buyers can choose both Shipping Method/Price?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlfiesTransferShoppe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: International Buyers can choose both Shipping Method/Price? Reply with quote

I am having a difficult time with International sales regarding the shipping method and price of the shipping.

I sell out of the USA and charge $5.25 for the first item and .25 cents for every item after that. I only offer Standard International Shipping.

The problem I am having is that my International buyers' can not only choose their own shipping method, but they can also adjust the price of the shipping and handling to ZERO cents.

Example:

When I sell a single heat-transfer to a buyer in the United Kingdom, the price should be $3.25 USD and then $5.25 USD for the S/H, for a grand total of $8.50. I do not mind my International buyers' pay in their own currency since Paypal can convert it over to USD.

The problem is that the International buyer can change the shipping method to Australian Post, Canadian Post, or any other option that I do NOT offer to them. The International buyer can also choose the shipping price to be a ZERO amount. javascript:emoticon('Shocked')

When I receive their payment for 1 item, I only receive a total payment of $1.82 or so for the entire order. I then deny their order and send them another invoice, depicting the $5.25 for shipping..along with an apology email and reason why this is occurring -- Which I have no clue why! javascript:emoticon('Sad')

Anyone experiencing this problem? javascript:emoticon('Confused')

Thanks for reading this issue and I do hope that someone can understand my issue with International Shipping Methods and Prices.

Any help will be much appreciated. javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')

Rolling Eyes
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: International Buyers can choose both Shipping Method/Pri Reply with quote

AlfiesTransferShoppe wrote:
The problem I am having is that my International buyers' can not only choose their own shipping method, but they can also adjust the price of the shipping and handling to ZERO cents.

Have you populated the shipping matrix with valid non-zero values for every country that you ship to ?

Buyers do not have the ability to fiddle the shipping cost, but empty fields in the matrix will cause what you describe.
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it sounds like a "zero" Matrix issue.
AlfiesTransferShoppe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Matrix... Reply with quote

Yes, it does sound like a matrix issue....but to add to the problem, I wanted to troubleshoot the issue so I completely cut off ALL International sales, like 2 weeks ago.

I changed it to only include a flat Rate shipping price to the US Mainlands, Hawaii, and Alaska, but International sales are still slipping though to buy from me.

I'll take a look at my matrix again..but I didn't think it mattered since I cut off my International shipping.
AlfiesTransferShoppe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Selected Zones only includes:

US-Mainland
Alaska
Hawaii

My Shipping Matrix only includes:

US-Mainland 3.25
Alaska 3.25
Hawaii 3.25
AlfiesTransferShoppe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Matrix..... Reply with quote

I just added every country to my matrix and now entering a 5.25 price in the first column, (1 lb)
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to fill in the matrix all the way across even if your weight will never reach more than the 1 slot. Just enter the same cost all the way across if you only sell the transfers and multiple sales will not way more than the initial shipping charge.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@AlfiesTransferShoppe

What number are you using for the shipping weight on a typical listing ?
elpereles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure? I took one of your items random. I can see in the "More Destinations" all the countries. You need to be sure the countries aren't added in your "Shipping Zone".
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some of the transfers that I looked at, you do have shipping to the whole world pretty much for $5.25. There should be no way for the buyer to change something to a different international post, however, if you have your UK and AU stores still open you might be get orders through those stores because they found you through a link to that store, otherwise, I've never heard of anyone here having that option open for buyers. You do need to get your matrix set up correctly.

I looked at your FAQs and you said that part of the handling included the paper that the transfer was made on and other parts of the manufacturing process were being charged to S&H. Technically the cost and the materials going into a product isn't part of S&H. Especially since apparently if they buy more than one transfer, S&H is free. If you are charging off manufacturing costs to shipping and handling and then give the person free shipping, you aren't recouping all the costs of making these things. Something you might want to think about as it would deeply effect your bottom line.

Also, are you licensed to make these transfers with all those trademarked and registered characters? If not you are in danger of being shut down as you can't sell things like that on ecrater unless you have official documented permission to use the likeness of someone's trademarked character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: