eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can I add attributes in bulk?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vintage-books-and-plans

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Can I add attributes in bulk? Reply with quote

Can I add attributes in bulk (bulk revise) or do I have to add them one item or listing at a time?

Thanks!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since each listing should be different, there is no way to add attributes in a bulk way. However, when I list similar things, it is easy to do the first one with attributes , then copy that one and just change the color or size.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't there also something called variants? I thought that was for sellers who were getting ready to list several similar items but with slightly varying attributes? maybe that would help you, depends on what you are listing.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I add attributes in bulk (bulk revise)

NO

Quote:
do I have to add them one item or listing at a time?

YES
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Can I add attributes in bulk? Reply with quote

Vintage-books-and-plans wrote:
Can I add attributes in bulk (bulk revise) or do I have to add them one item or listing at a time?

Thanks!!
YES! However, it isn't called bulk revise (which isn't allowed), but it's called Global Editor.

Since you have produced your CDs yourself, they would not have a UPC (bar code) unless you purchased the UPCs for your company. The only attribute you will need to use is:
Attribute name: identifier_exists {NOTE: must be in lower case, no capital letters}
Attribute Value: FALSE

In your admin, click on More Options -> Global Editor, then click on "Add Global Action". Select the category (or select All Categories if accurate). Next, select the action "Add google attribute". This will allow you to enter the name and value, then be sure to click the Add Button. It isn't instant, it will show Action pending for a while, but I don't remember how long.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, I was under the impression that we needed two out of three main attributes, which should be specific to each item we sell. So would the poster also need to add in more attributes? This is why I said no, as how do you add attributes to all your items in one swoop and still make them specific? Such as brand and manufacturer's number? I thought the attribute you mentioned was only if there was no UPC/ISBN not to skip all other possible attributes such as format. Since I've never used it, it is unfamiliar to me.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two groups of attributes, the 'unique product identifiers' and 'all other attributes'. The unique product identifiers are the Global Trade Item Numbers (GTIN), Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) and Brand. The GTIN would be the UPC (Universal Product Code - used mainly in North America), the EAN (European Article Number - used outside North America), the JAN (Japanese Article Number - Only in Japan) AND / OR ISBN (International Standard Book Numer - used for books worldwide).

For Media and Software, GS requires a GTIN (ISBN or UPC)
For Apparel, GS requires Brand and some apparel categories also require a GTIN or MPN.
All other categories require at least 2 of the 3 identifiers 'brand', 'gtin', and 'mpn'.

The exception for unique product identifiers would be cases where no identifier exists. This would be cases like used goods, custom made goods, books published prior to ISBNs, any media (books, CDs, DVDs) that are self published or published by small publishers that did not apply for an ISBN or UPC for the item. In these cases, you use the special attribute of 'identifier_exists' with a value of FALSE.

There is also the second category of attributes. Some of these are required for Apparel & Accessories (which also includes jewelry, watches, purses, belts, shoes, etc.)

Here are two links I've found very helpful:
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1344057?hl=en#US
I have them bookmarked and found them both very helpful.

The OP only sells Ebooks on CDs that she created from public domain plan books and magazines. Since her media items are custom made items, she only needs the one attribute ('identifier_exists' with a value of FALSE).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: