eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The "New" Doctor's Office 2014. Interesting Change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: The "New" Doctor's Office 2014. Interesting Change Reply with quote

Wanna know something interesting but a little creepy?

Went to the doctor the other day for a check up. I was a new patient there & expected to have to fill out a stack of those fun paper forms. Nope! This place actually called my previous docs, had my medical records faxed over & simply asked "Has anything changed since...?" After that they had me scan my fingerprint into a database.

From here on out, when I go to the doc in my local area no more paperwork, no more signing those little sheets at the receptionist window that says "I'm here, yes I showed up for my appt. today". You just walk up, scan your index finger twice until it beeps each time & you're ready to go. It pulls your medical records up on their screen. They scan your finger again when the doctor comes in to make sure you're the right patient.

I guess they want to make sure they don't accidentally remove John's kidney when all he came in for was a simple check up? Laughing
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I checked in with a new doctor, after showing my medical insurance card they took my pic with one of those cameras like when you get your driver's license renewed. They said the new medical cards are going to be photo ID. (This is Canada, not US.)

No one has fingerprinted me yet.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my doctor requires a fingerprint, I'm finding a new doctor!
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the medical system is doing stuff like fingerprint scanning to cut down on fraud, not for ease of the transfer of medical records. They can also easily connect databases with law enforcement agencies. They say they won't do that but you know they do it or will do it. lol
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The receptionist told me that while it was more convenient for us that, this change was mainly for them to cut back on fraud as someone else just pointed out & pain killer abuse. This lady is good friends with my father so I got in a conversation with her & she was telling me it's mainly because of the junkies in the U.S. They come in pretending to be in pain & use any excuse they can to get pain pills.

She said that some people go to such great lengths to get pain meds that, when the doctors tell them they have no legitimate disorder that requires a prescription of these types of pills & send them on their way, they purposefully injure themselves in order to qualify for them. She said this way, they'll be able to spot people that have way too many suspicious accidents & prescription refills on their medical records & also those that try to get services while pretending to be a different patient because the doctor found out about their addiction, will be caught.

Are there really that many addicts in the world?
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger a lot of addicts are doctor created. Too many prescribe pain and sleep medication willy nilly and never keep tabs on their patients to see if they responded to the drugs but just keep on renewing prescriptions.

Part of the fraud is people who keep getting more drugs which they turn around and sell on the street. Then there is the fraud of people who are not signed up with the doctor or insurer using a stolen or loaned medical card.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger,

You would be surprised how many dedicated addicts there are in this world.

If you were to visit certain states (Florida comes to mind because it seems to always be in the news) you would find a pain clinic on every corner.

Even the little town near where I live has a pain clinic. In the same building, right next to a pharmacy. It never looks open but does have regular hours. The pharmacy (not a chain) refused to fill many of their prescriptions because they were for people 50 miles away. The pain clinic has a sign that in summary says "don't fill your prescriptions next door". And the pharmacy has been robbed at gun point since the pain clinic opened.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez! Didn't realize it was that bad. I don't even know if we have any pain clinics around here but, I have no pain issues & I try to associate with only decent sober people so I've never needed to look for one. I have heard of animal clinics being robbed before.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: