eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

what happened to ecrater?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey, did that box of patterns you sold on ebay give you any trouble ?
Was wondering about that, you probably ain't past the 1000 years warranty buyer protection yet Razz

It has been over 2 months at this point. Never heard word one about it and last I checked, they hadn't left any feedback. If they didn't like what was it in the box it would only because they were greedy thinking it couldn't be as bad as I described it and expected better patterns. If they had been better, I would have sold them myself one at a time Laughing

Since a bunch of the patterns in that lot had come to me described as new and uncut they at least had an honest description and should be glad that I had thrown out the new, uncut (and water damaged and moldy) patterns. The seller insisting that nothing SHE sent me was moldy. Wonder when they got switched? Does the PO have a switch department where they add in moldy patterns and take out the good ones? I think not and those patterns hit the garbage as soon as I opened the box. I wasn't willing to handle them enough to send them back to her.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When elpereles wrote out his list, one of the things he mentioned was selling with a passion and looking at the numbers not just feeling it with your hear. That was why I had to leave ebay years ago. I was literally starting to feel sick as my numbers slid into nothing. On another forum someone had described me as an ebay cheerleader but that was early in in 2003-5. Ebay was working great for me until Meg showed up. Now people look at her as an angel almost, but let me tell you she was the one that started ebay down this rocky path and then left us with her handpicked evil child to carry on.

What had been a real passion for me had become a nightmare and then I found ecrater, started selling here and my passion came alive again. Not that I just feel the passion with my heart, but I have sold here with years of the owner being a non-lunatic, not greedy, trying to provide a platform where we all can make a profit. When my sales started slumping here I had to either decide to have a huge bonfire that could be seen from space or find another way to perk up sales, and over the next couple years I have been focusing on that. Now ecrater isn't my only sale venue, but it is my favorite sight. I sell with a heart of passion and can also keep my business head intact.

I see it is too easy for some to try to sell with no passion for what they are selling, they are on a quest for money and that is their only motivation so they will dump inventory all over the place and then get mad with a site like ecrater isn't set up to help someone sell on 10 sites. One of the funniest, yet saddest things I have seen here is newbies asking what they are supposed to sell and who does the shipping? Shocked Someone somewhere has convinced that selling on line will be an easy street to money and all you have to do is jump on the wagon, which can't be further than the truth. A business is a business and must be run as a business if you hope to make anything at all.

When things change in life, as they inevitably will, we have to be willing to adapt. I found that I just couldn't adapt to one more ebay change, although the occasional bulk lot isn't going to kill me and I don't try to sell anything else there. Other changes I could adapt to and so I am happy in my little business that I thoroughly enjoy running. I will never understand what joy someone selling out of a catalog or as a drop shipper gets other than the occasional ring of the cash register. Have you noticed that most of those that are active on the forum sell inventory that they personally stock?
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not sure what you mean, but all these places that supposedly go out and find items for you like or places tumblr.

Other marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBid, Bonanza, Webstore, Blu Jay, etc.

MoonwishesStore agree with you. If you take your job with passion you are more open to do anything for it. If any issue appears you will adapt, evolve, and overcome. If you see a tool (Bay, eCrater, PayPal, etc.) with passion. You are always be frustrate, disappoint, in stress, searching for a selling hope/messiah, or feel betray. The big example are in the different forums. Many of the complaints and some opinions are focus in the tool and not how "my" business get affected.

I consider eCrater my home base after searching for a marketplace to sell, but I never close my mind to use other sites. Years ago, being multichannel was working technically for anyone. In one time, it becomes awkward. Now based on the different circumstances. It is an option, you can't leave behind.

eBay is a tool to make sales. If you still have an account. Use it until they take you out of the site. My recommendation use only the "free" promos. Any other decision like getting store or paying insertion fees use your numbers (math) to take a decision.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Other marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy, eBid, Bonanza, Webstore, Blu Jay, etc. "

Ok, no the ads are on like sites that like gather items around the net, or sites that show SEO type of stuff, not directly on the site, well they might, but I never look at other venue sites very much.
jkoriginals

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't had a sell on eCrater for almost a year now. We have added items and we have updated frequently. Just no sells. We are a very small account so I guess we just don't count on eCrater. We have a few views but not like it was before all this Google Attributes stuff started. It's very sad that eCrater did this to us. They should have fought Google on this nonsense.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's very sad that eCrater did this to us.

Ecrater didn't do anything to you or the other stores. They aren't particularly happy with what Google is doing either I suspect. If I counted correctly, you have 31 items listed and that is a very small amount of inventory to be found on line. Barely a part of a drop in the bucket of on-line selling activity. What kind of marketing and promoting are you doing? On ecrater you just can't list your items and update them and sit back and wait for things to sell. You have to actively be searching out and finding ways to show people what you sell. Do you have a Pinterest account with your items pinned.

Quote:
They should have fought Google on this nonsense.
That would have been a real David and Goliath fight and one that would have most likely cost ecrater buckets of money that they don't have and I don't want to pay the fees it would take to 'fight' Google on anything. They are doing the best they can with paying for exposure in Google shopping.

Not sure if you are aware, some of your items have zero for shipping and others are $3.00 some might possibly be more but I didn't look at everything you had listed.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkoriginals wrote:
We haven't had a sell on eCrater for almost a year now. We have added items and we have updated frequently. Just no sells. We are a very small account so I guess we just don't count on eCrater. We have a few views but not like it was before all this Google Attributes stuff started. It's very sad that eCrater did this to us. They should have fought Google on this nonsense.

I pulled up one of your listings at random ...
http://jkoriginals.ecrater.com/p/7084832/cats-eye-crystal-chakra-bracelet#

The image size for the main image is 500x375. You need to make those images larger (i.e. at least one dimension 800 or larger).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We are a very small account so I guess we just don't count on eCrater

What do you expect ecrater to be doing for you that they haven't done. No matter what size of inventory you have, ecrater treats us all the same as far as I can tell. No sense in thinking they are personally neglecting you and your store. They give you store space and they upload your inventory to Google shopping. and show your listings in the main ecrater marketplace and that is basically all they have promised to do for any of our stores.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but we don't pay to be here so there shouldn't be any expectations. As much as I don't like what Google has been doing in the past few years, we don't have any contract with them nor does Google have any obligation to our stores whatsoever. It is up to us to get people to see our stores.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECRATER doesn't discriminate between stores.
eCRATER owns eCRATER.com. It does not own Google nor does it have influence with their decision makers. I haven't actually heard of any sales site that is happy with Google decisions.
If you keep your store active and add or tweak listings on a regular basis it will remain healthily in the search mix. If you ignore it for long periods of time it will slide down the search results. That is up to you.

But one thing is for sure....eCRATER is not doing this to you.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We are a very small account so I guess we just don't count on eCrater.

As far I saw in eCrater. I don't agree with your opinion. The administration (owner) and moderators are very fair with everybody and even with some people not following the rules.

Quote:
It's very sad that eCrater did this to us. They should have fought Google on this nonsense.

Google made a lot of changes. Not eCrater. Contrary to other site. I can't see a manipulation of visibility in organic search engines. Get in mind Froogle/Google Shopping isn't more a free tool. If you want to be included. You must fill the requirements.

eCrater and other sites were so stupid to fall in the "free" bait from Froogle/Google Shopping. All of them build or focus promotion around the GS. As far I believe they are getting some great traffic from GS because they don't want to drop from it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to add more hot oil to our miseries here, Google is ending the PLA program for something else called Shopping campaigns as announced by ecommercebytes. Here is the link: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y14/m04/i08/s03

Someone smarter that me might want to explain what is going on and what it is going to mean for ecrater and us by extension.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish ecrater would get away from google. Unless google pays me, then adding attributes to help them makes sense. I bet ecrater is the least problem for google than any other site.
Heck we sit back little worker bees for google that work for free, enter the data for them, and BAM we all the sudden get adwords, and now that they want money too.
Vintage-books-and-plans

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same problem. Sales are very rare and a few years ago I was doing quite well here selling on on another ID or store. Almost not worth the effort. Any other alternatives?
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any other alternatives?

Nope. The true is simple and hard to understand by some people. Alternatives eBay sites like eCrater depends of organic search traffic and maybe tools like GS. Owners are more focus in administration of the site than promotion. Any extra promo job to get traffic is responsibility of every seller to promote his/her stuff.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage-books-and-plans wrote:
I am having the same problem. Sales are very rare and a few years ago I was doing quite well here selling on on another ID or store. Almost not worth the effort. Any other alternatives?

I've done well by building my own website. Much more control with SEO and analytics that way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: