eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

May I have some advice please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintagesodaads

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: May I have some advice please? Reply with quote

I sell soda pop and soft drink industry vintage ads (1947-1965). I love it here and already had one sale!

Right now I am not clicking the box "used" because although the ads are OLD, they are not USED. However, they are not NEW.

Should I indicate they are used? What do you think when you see condition: new on the product page?

Any advice is appreciated.

http://vintageads4u.ecrater.com/

Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tchxtremescooters

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: May I have some advice please? Reply with quote

vintageads4u wrote:
I sell soda pop and soft drink industry vintage ads (1947-1965). I love it here and already had one sale!

Right now I am not clicking the box "used" because although the ads are OLD, they are not USED. However, they are not NEW.

Should I indicate they are used? What do you think when you see condition: new on the product page?

Any advice is appreciated.

http://vintageads4u.ecrater.com/

Thank you.

Maybe mention in each listing what you just said... these vintage ads are dated 1947-1965. Although they are not new.. they are in like new condition (if they are) or explain what condition they are in. Any one looking for anything vintage will surely understand that... Tom Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's one of those items that isn't exactly new or used. I wish we could opt out of new/used on a per-item basis..
Solarcell7GuitarProShop

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your items are indeed in "Brand New Condition" and have NOT been used before I suggest you list them as Brand New. Because in fact, this is the truth regardless of how old they are. And like stated previously, vintage collectors will understand this.
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: May I have some advice please? Reply with quote

vintageads4u wrote:
I sell soda pop and soft drink industry vintage ads (1947-1965). Right now I am not clicking the box "used" because although the ads are OLD, they are not USED. However, they are not NEW.Any advice is appreciated.

Due to the many reproductions of vintage tins and paper ads I would check used and have the word VINTAGE in the title.
In addition give more detail information in the description of each listing.

joyce

http://YourRainyDayBookStore.ecrater.com
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a problem I deal with daily for all my OOAK vintage items. Sometimes they still have tags on them but are 50 plus years old.

When someone clicks on NEW ITEMS ONLY in the search page, does that mean newly listed or items that have been checked by the seller as being new.

I have been checking used for everything but it is a very gray area for me. I'd love to have an ecrater clarification on this as Dimitri set up the criteria, he knows what is in his head.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solarcell7GuitarProShop wrote:
If your items are indeed in "Brand New Condition" and have NOT been used before I suggest you list them as Brand New.

But what's "used" in the context of a page removed from a magazine?

I've always been on the fence in these situations but I don't know if it even really matters that much. When people search for vintage items surely not many of them search for "new only"?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
When someone clicks on NEW ITEMS ONLY in the search page, does that mean newly listed or items that have been checked by the seller as being new.

It means items that have been checked as "new" by the seller. Although I'm not sure how buyers would know it means that since it could easily mean items that are newly listed.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think new or used can effect how state sales tax is applied. Certain items that would be taxable new are not taxable if used.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sure been thinking about this..I sell a lot of vintage sewing notions like buttons, appliques, etc. Some of them are 50 years old, but still on the card. I finally decided that although they are NOT new, they have not been used-not subjected to the wear of use. so I put vintage in the title, the approximate date of production, and click the 'new' box.

How's that for straddling the fence?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: