eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Item 'Disapproved' from Google Shopping - Why??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
namebranddealz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Item 'Disapproved' from Google Shopping - Why?? Reply with quote

Hello,

I have (6) items in my store which are not being accepted by Google.
A couple of them, I get why & there is nothing I can do about them - they don't have UPC numbers - and even scouring the Interwebs, I can't find the info.. okay. It is what it is.

However eCrater encourages sellers to contact Them and help them get these issues resolved. So I emailed about one item that should have No issue at all - I have the required attributes.

eCrater emailed me back & said "Disapproved or invalid Disapproved or invalid/ This offer has been blocked because it may violate Google Shopping policies."

OKAY so that's all Support can tell me is a generic answer.. but - it's a new in box, Estee Lauder fragrance - retail item - in box with clear UPC on it. It's called "Wild Elixir" - anyone have any ideas why Google doesn't want this fragrance indexed? I'm sure they did not have an issue with it when Estee Lauder sold it.. ~?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have items with no unique identifier, then you need to specify the attribute 'identifier_exists' with a value of 'false'.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Item 'Disapproved' from Google Shopping - Why?? Reply with quote

namebranddealz wrote:
OKAY so that's all Support can tell me is a generic answer.. but - it's a new in box, Estee Lauder fragrance - retail item - in box with clear UPC on it. It's called "Wild Elixir" - anyone have any ideas why Google doesn't want this fragrance indexed? I'm sure they did not have an issue with it when Estee Lauder sold it.. ~?
The answer you received was the answer they received from GS. If it were me, I would reply back to eCRATER support (so they have a record of everything related to the item), tell them what you just told us, and ask for their help. There are other sellers of the product on GS, so it isn't the name.

I had one item in SheilaDeesTreasureFinds that eCrater support, GS and I went back and forth for about 2 months before GS finally approved the item. The support at eCRATER was great in helping to get a real person to finally review the item. There were several words that caused the autobot to kick out the item, but I couldn't offer the item for sale without using the words. Rolling Eyes In the days before we had the special attribute to use when we didn't have unique Identifiers, I had a real problem with a number of books that either pre-dated ISBNs OR were published by private publishers with no ISBNs. Again, eCrater Support was great in helping with GS.
namebranddealz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: thanks Sheila.. Reply with quote

When I emailed eC support and asked them to look at my ad and tell me what the problem was, I guess that's sort of what I thought I was doing - that they would have contacted Google to find out the specifics (not the canned category response) .. sort of thought that's what they mean by 'Contact Them' so they can help you..
I did not want to be annoying and ask them again but I guess I will.

As far as unique Identifiers - I have name brand and UPC. Isn't that all that is required? Nine times out of 10, those are the two attributes I have and of over 160 items in my store, Only 6 have this problem. So - I think I have a general handle on what's required ?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: thanks Sheila.. Reply with quote

namebranddealz wrote:
When I emailed eC support and asked them to look at my ad and tell me what the problem was, I guess that's sort of what I thought I was doing - that they would have contacted Google to find out the specifics (not the canned category response) .. sort of thought that's what they mean by 'Contact Them' so they can help you..
I did not want to be annoying and ask them again but I guess I will.

As far as unique Identifiers - I have name brand and UPC. Isn't that all that is required? Nine times out of 10, those are the two attributes I have and of over 160 items in my store, Only 6 have this problem. So - I think I have a general handle on what's required ?
It's my understanding that eCrater gets a response back from GS after the feed showing the items not accepted and the reason. What they sent you was the response they had received from GS. For a lot of sellers, that's probably all the information they need to fix the problem. I too have gotten the GS "canned" response back from eCRATER, which is why I suggested to use "reply" to the email so all the info related to the issue will stay in one email until the issue is resolved. Remember, the eCrater service staff is very small compared to the number of sellers on eCrater.

You mentioned in your original post you said you had, "A couple of them, I get why & there is nothing I can do about them - they don't have UPC numbers" which is why ComicRay and myself mentioned the use of the "attribute 'identifier_exists' with a value of 'false'. There is something you can do about those few where you don't have the UPC or MPN.

I was also trying to say, there are sometimes an item that really does require extra effort on the part of both the seller and eCRATER CS to get to the bottom of the problem with GS.
namebranddealz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying to get it thru me as I try to understand this!

If I do that "attribute 'identifier_exists' with a value of 'false" - what is the result of that? Will that get my 4 items accepted into Google?

That's the part I really don't get?
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have five that have been disapproved. A couple of them have been disapproved, then approved, then disapproved, then approved and now disapproved again. I've changed about all I can think of, and I just give up. There is nothing wrong with them that I can see. Google is a mystery sometimes.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name brand, you yourself may be confusing the issue when writing. First you mention that they don't have UPCs then you say one does. First you mention that you have 6 disapproved and then you say 4. Sort of confusing here and perhaps also to the team ember that was trying to help you. Be sure when writing, that you are stating each product separately and what attributes you might have for them, what you may have tried, etc. and don't clump them altogether in one sentence.
nccm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: No identifier either Reply with quote

I have 2 items listed that weren't accepted, but it doesn't tell me which items? How can I tell?
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think if they are disallowing it because of all your extraneous boilerplate text, then all your items that have those paragraphs would be disallowed.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking 2 random items.

http://namebranddealz.ecrater.com/p/19705944/maybelline-forever-metallics-40-ginger-sheen

http://namebranddealz.ecrater.com/p/19287963/chapstick-red-velvet-cupcake-limited

Agree. Check you boilerplate text. There is a lot of stuff not related to the item. Also in the description you have details about quantity in stock and S&H prices. Another thing about is punctuation in the sentences. Not sure how Google see it, but I saw:

[..], [~*]

And also questions. In the past people take some time to read info and adding extra comments looks funny and interesting. In these days, the search engines are interesting in info related to the topic. All the extra blablabla is consider spam.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: