eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

google atributes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NevadaCycleSales

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: google atributes Reply with quote

Most of my sales are thru craigslist, as they are large pick up items. However I do have small items, which most are NOS vintage from the 50's and 60's. I can not get the block off my items. Any help? Thank you Lynn
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: google atributes Reply with quote

NevadaCycleSales wrote:
Most of my sales are thru craigslist, as they are large pick up items. However I do have small items, which most are NOS vintage from the 50's and 60's. I can not get the block off my items. Any help? Thank you Lynn
I'm not real sure what you mean by block, but I looked at your store to see if I can help. I'm assuming you mentioned your Craigslist sales just to let us know you sell big things in addition to the items in your store. It is against the eCRATER TOS to sell an item on this site for pick up only.

I'm also assuming the block you mentioned was not having your store included in the Google Shopping feed. All the items I checked stated "Sorry NO Paypal", however I see you have added PayPal to your payment options. If a seller does not accept any electronic payment method, your items can not be fed to Google Shopping. Since you added PayPal, that would allow your items to be included on the next feed. There are usually 3 feeds a week. If you really don't want to offer PayPal, we are able to offer direct acceptance of credit cards through Stripe. That would meet the GS requirement and you wouldn't have to offer PayPal. (There are pros & cons to using both services and several topics here about them.)
NevadaCycleSales

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: attributes Reply with quote

Hi , Thanks for your response. Yes I added paypal back they made it a requirement. I forgot to take it off the listing. When I pull up my page this is what I get at the top.

63 products are disapproved from Google and not listed in Google Shopping. You are losing traffic! Please add all required attributes. (click here)1

I can not seem to enter the right info
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use brand, put that in the first column and Chrysler in the second column or what works for that particular item. Click on the little question mark on the google page an see what your options are. Since many of your items are older stock that may not have upc's , you can use identifier_exists in the first column and false in the second

The one BIG issue with filling out the attributes is that NEVER EVER use a capitalized letter in the first column, it just won't accept it. Also no added spaces in the first column

You might want to remove the term auction from you descriptions. One other thing Google won't like is your "DKW Sachs Penton Tyran Sarasen Monarch Wassel Ring Set" looks like repeats of the same item when there really is a difference. put the mm size near the beginning of the title, then Google can see that each is unique.

Good luck and may you have many happy sales.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every item I saw in your store will require at least two of the three "Unique Product Identifiers" for Google Attributes. The three would be Brand, MPN (manufactures product number) and GTIN (Global Trade Item Number). GTIN number would include UPC, EAN (in Europe), JAN (in Japan), and ISBN. If your item does not have at least 2 of the 3 (or no ISBN for a book) then you would use the special attribute of identifier_exists with a value of false.

If you have books, they would need the ISBN (or identifier_exists). If you sell clothing or clothing accessories (including jewelry and watches) they may need additional attributes. Check out these two links from Google for additional information: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161 and https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1344057?hl=en#US.

Keep in mind that the feed to Google Shopping is sent 3 times a week. The notice you saw on your home page may not update for several weeks. (I've seen it take 5 to 6 weeks to update, but eCrater CS can check to see if you have any not approved on the feed if you contact them.) Once you have added the attributes and have been notified there has been a feed (click on the tab for Google Feed's Status) check to see if the number is close to the number of items in your store. It should be close to the same number. It would not be exact because you may have added attributes to an item, added a new item, or had sales since the feed info was pulled for your store.
NevadaCycleSales

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: attributes Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
You can use brand, put that in the first column and Chrysler in the second column or what works for that particular item. Click on the little question mark on the google page an see what your options are. Since many of your items are older stock that may not have upc's , you can use identifier_exists in the first column and false in the second

The one BIG issue with filling out the attributes is that NEVER EVER use a capitalized letter in the first column, it just won't accept it. Also no added spaces in the first column

You might want to remove the term auction from you descriptions. One other thing Google won't like is your "DKW Sachs Penton Tyran Sarasen Monarch Wassel Ring Set" looks like repeats of the same item when there really is a difference. put the mm size near the beginning of the title, then Google can see that each is unique.

Good luck and may you have many happy sales.

Thank you. The reason these makes are listed, is that they all used the Sachs - DKW engine, which these rings fit. I do know what you are talking about, as I've seen the same thing.
NevadaCycleSales

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Every item I saw in your store will require at least two of the three "Unique Product Identifiers" for Google Attributes. The three would be Brand, MPN (manufactures product number) and GTIN (Global Trade Item Number). GTIN number would include UPC, EAN (in Europe), JAN (in Japan), and ISBN. If your item does not have at least 2 of the 3 (or no ISBN for a book) then you would use the special attribute of identifier_exists with a value of false.

If you have books, they would need the ISBN (or identifier_exists). If you sell clothing or clothing accessories (including jewelry and watches) they may need additional attributes. Check out these two links from Google for additional information: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/160161 and https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/1344057?hl=en#US.

Keep in mind that the feed to Google Shopping is sent 3 times a week. The notice you saw on your home page may not update for several weeks. (I've seen it take 5 to 6 weeks to update, but eCrater CS can check to see if you have any not approved on the feed if you contact them.) Once you have added the attributes and have been notified there has been a feed (click on the tab for Google Feed's Status) check to see if the number is close to the number of items in your store. It should be close to the same number. It would not be exact because you may have added attributes to an item, added a new item, or had sales since the feed info was pulled for your store.

Thank you for your help. It helps to have advise from people who know something about this stuff. I"ve never been computer savy.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: