eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Importing from eBay question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noseyparkerspostcards

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Importing from eBay question Reply with quote

I opened a third ecrater store to import 2600 items from one of my ebay ids. I didn't want to mix the items with my current ecrater inventory because I didn't know how it would work.

These 2600 items are in the unsold folder of my non-store ID. I started the process, but will it pull from my unsold folder? or will it only pull the active items? Will it pull from my non-store id? or do they have to be store items?

Obviously I've never imported or exported before and I have no real idea of how it works.

TIA
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only import 1 time from a particular eBay ID. Beyond that, I'm not clear on what your objective is.
noseyparkerspostcards

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My objective is to move theses 2600 items/listings off of eBay and onto another venue. Hopefully in bulk, as manually, one by one is a scary thought!

Ecrater is my first choice. However I also sell on two other sites with importing capabilities. I've just never imported or exported items before and I'm technologically challenged.

If you have any knowledge of importing/exporting or software that would let me download these listings with descriptions and even photos. I would be grateful for any info.

TIA
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how the importer works as it wasn't available so I had to manually list over 5000 items when I came here. The thing you have to understand, from what I have seen many times of others attempts to import their ebay stuff is they don't bother to go back and tweak each listing, so what a buyer would see coming to their 'store' a very long run on sentences/paragraph, most of the time with mentions of auctions (ecrater doesn't have auctions) multiple references to ebay, boilerplate that shouldn't be in the listing, etc. So you need to be ready to go through and fix things after the import.

I can't understand your questions or what you are trying to do, but I can say that on the back end of the import you still will have a lot of work to do. I think perhaps you are asking if the import will pull from your active ebay listings or not. Not having done it, I don't know. However once you have them in a store here and if you want to put them in a different store, I think that is possible with copying and pasting, and of course at the same time fixing the listings so that they look right for ecrater.
noseyparkerspostcards

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've tried my one shot at importing to ecrater but so far nothing is showing up at all. I'll be curious to see how it turns out. The listings I need to move are "Unsold" items and if worst comes to worst I'll have to start copying and Pasting like a demon.

I realize that I will have to do some tweaking if they import, but fortunately my listings have no references to eBay or auctions or anything other than item information. I move listings around on occasion from one venue to another so I avoid identifying any one site in a listing.

I never should have let so many listings build up in a temporary situation. I was taking advantage of the "free" promo listings and got carried away. Now I'm concerned about not only losing the listings but being able to identify the listings as well.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: