eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google requirements for Contact information on stores...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JefferysJunction

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Google requirements for Contact information on stores... Reply with quote

According to the thread posted below, "Google Shopping requires that merchants provide contact information such as a physical address and contact number. It is suggested to add both physical address and phone # to the contact page of your store to prevent suspension from Google Shopping".

Have any of you actually added a physical address and phone number to your store contact page? Has any one actually been suspended for not doing so?

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=34290
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope never changed mine, and will never post that info, and my feed is still being fed.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no intention of complying. Makes no sense. In these days of heightened cyber theft and crime, why does Google want to make it easier for the criminals?
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a longer discussion here: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=34291

That policy never made sense to me, b/c providing a physical address is a stated Google AdWords policy...not a stated Google Shopping policy. See page 2 of the above thread.

I fully believe that eCrater admin was getting emails from the Google Shopping Team about this and eCrater sellers were getting suspended, just as eCrater said. And I fully believe that debating it on this forum will not change Google one iota, as eCrater said.

But, as I mentioned in that thread in January, the stated Google policy applied to AdWords, not Shopping. And I can imagine, tho I could be wrong, that the suspension notices that eCrater was receiving in January were due to an overzealous misapplication of the AdWords policy to Shopping. But that's just my interpretation.

I have not and will not comply with that "policy"...and if I'm suspended, so be it. I have not been suspended yet.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will never post that info either. I do know that if you publish an e-newsletter, that and bulk emails to people not only need the unsubscribe info but the physical address as well.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@JefferysJunction

You may want to review your about page. I see that you still have GCO listed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: