eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How Do I ......... ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TFCNMovieServices

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: How Do I ......... ?? Reply with quote

I've been and still am a EBAY seller (since 2006) but needed another location for another store due to the massive amount of inventory we have.
So, after a 4 year absence from eCrater I've come back.

I currently have just slightly over 100 items listed but for now the store is still on hold since I'd like to get about 250 items in there before I open it to the public and send out a blast Email to our more than 3000 customers.

I have two questions:

1. eCrater unlike EBAY has only two options for merchandise. NEW or USED. I'm selling DVD's and some (although brand new - never run) have lost their shrink wrap. I made a sub-category under my DVD categories called 'New Open Stock' -- However, if I list it as NEW (which they are, and I intend to list as new), can I add into either the TITLE LINE or body of description that the DVD is NEW NO SHRINK WRAP or is this not permitted? Is there anyone else who sells products that are out of their original shrink wrap but never used and are in fact new items-- how do you handle the description?

Second Question: Can I print shipping labels on PAYPAL for purchases made on eCrater? Or should I contact PAYPAL for that answer?

PS> I'm sorry I left here 4 year ago, I should have stayed since I was building up quite a following and did very well by sending my customer base from EBAY over to this second store since I do not sell duplicates of DVDs that I'm selling on EBAY. I'm using eCrater as an over-stock liquidation store.

Thanks, and I apologize for being so verbose.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: How Do I ......... ?? Reply with quote

TFCNMovieServices wrote:
Second Question: Can I print shipping labels on PAYPAL for purchases made on eCrater? Or should I contact PAYPAL for that answer?

Yes, you need sufficient balance there tho.

If the payment came in via PP, it should already appear in MoS.

If the payment arrves via Stripe, go to MoS, look for an entry on File that says "Create New Label", then enter the information (name address, weight, etc).
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using the terms,
New-opened package
or
Open-unused

I see Open Box used at retail stores I shop at.

New and Used isn't always enough but it gives a shopper an idea of the condition.

Is your merchandise truly old stock or stuff available currently in retail outlets but with opened packages?
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 1:

I would say "New Not Factory Sealed" for your dvd's that no longer have their shrink wrap. You can add that statement in the title line and description.

Question2:

You can pay for shipping labels with Paypal without having a balance in your account if you have a credit card or checking account linked to it. It will take the cost of the shipping label from there. I use this link to make shipping labels for non-Paypal orders. After signing in it takes you to a page where you manually enter the customers info.

www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

You can also print them the way cosmicray suggested.

For orders payed with Paypal on eCrater a link to print a shipping label is already on the payment page.
TFCNMovieServices

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
Try using the terms,
New-opened package
or
Open-unused

I see Open Box used at retail stores I shop at.

New and Used isn't always enough but it gives a shopper an idea of the condition.

Is your merchandise truly old stock or stuff available currently in retail outlets but with opened packages?

Most of the open stock is not readily available at retail outlets. Some is depending on where one would look. The only reason the shrink wrap is missing is because when we opened our second office (350 miles north of our main office) and had to pack up literally hundreds of DVDs some lost their shrink wrap in the packing process. And we offer a written guarantee which we enclose inside the DVD case.

We also own, manufacture and distribute our own product line of DVDs in virtually every genre. None of those are shrink wrapped but we do offer a written guarantee included inside the DVD case. And yes, we have all our company owned, manufactured and distributed products copyrighted. Hopefully, listing those will not cause any problems -- it didn't four years ago, so I'm hoping the 'rules' haven't changed or we most certainly would not bring those products over here; we'd have to leave them on EBAY which would be a real shame, since we have products no one else has because we own them and they are to say the least, next to impossible to find from any other source unless they went through us and we granted them distribution rights.
TFCNMovieServices

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

You can also print them the way cosmicray suggested.

For orders payed with Paypal on eCrater a link to print a shipping label is already on the payment page.[/quote]

Thanks. You answered my question. Greatly appreciate your answer.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: