eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

BulkLister Img, Forget Photobucket. My webhost links failed.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SerendipityCollections

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: BulkLister Img, Forget Photobucket. My webhost links failed. Reply with quote

Oh I am so confused! I have been using the same exact link selection for using pics on Photobucket when doing bulk uploads for ecrater and have never had an issue. I have been doing this for 2 years now and never had an issue. Now all of a sudden for the last month they are all being listed as "failed" and telling me they are not Image links. Can anyone tell me why this is happening..?

Here is an example.. On Photo Bucket you have the following options..
Email & IM: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Serendipity_Collections/media/SailorMoon%20Trading%20Cards/smpp9-pzset_zpsde221c0e.jpg.html

Direct: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/Serendipity_Collections/SailorMoon%20Trading%20Cards/smpp9-pzset_zpsde221c0e.jpg

IMG: Which is more like HTML link, which is why it shows up here in the forum...

It would stand to reason that they need the jpg file and that is what I am supplying but it is still failing in bulk uploads.

I did email and ask what happened and if they could clarify and the first round of messages the person kept saying they were links to pages. After a couple other messages the person stated that I was using flicker pages and not pictures to the actual items so they were failed. I pointed out I thought they were looking at the wrong persons account since all mine were on Photobucket. Well we got that the person was not looking at the correct items when they said that. Since I did not use nor had a flicker account that was the wrong info for me and my uploads.

I am so frustrated. Any help would be welcome.

Last edited by SerendipityCollections on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:18 am; edited 2 times in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could help, but I avoid the whole problem and keep all photos on my own computer (and backed up). From what I've read over the years, people that store their photos on-line seem to have more trouble using them than if they stored them themselves.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serendipity, I just used "view page source" to get the link you have listed as Img: that shows the photos. The link shows as: http:// smg.photobucket.com/user/Serendipity_Collections/media/SailorMoon%20Trading%20Cards/smpp9-pzset_zpsde221c0e.jpg.html (minus the space after the // so it would show in my reply). I copied the link into my browser address and got a page on Photo Bucket that included your photos. When I added the address you give as Direct: I'm shown just your photo. I have no idea why Photo Bucket would give the links as you have them listed, but the Direct link goes to the photo and the Img link goes to the Photo Bucket page that shows your photo. It sounds like Photo Bucket made a change in how they present their links to encourage more people to come to the site.

I can't explain the reply from the eCRATER staff unless they used a "template" email and forgot to change the "flicker" info to Photo Bucket.

Moon, I store my photos on my own computer also, but if you you the bulk listing tool in eCRATER you must have your photos available on the internet and give the link to each photo as part of the bulk listing tool. While I haven't used the eCRATER tool, I did use a similar tool with another site years ago.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but if you you the bulk listing tool in eCRATER you must have your photos available on the internet and give the link to each photo as part of the bulk listing tool. While I haven't used the eCRATER tool, I did use a similar tool with another site years ago.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that with the bulk uploads. Since I never have used those programs, I never understood the need for them, but that makes sense.
SerendipityCollections

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have just about had enough. I am so confused. I have never had an issue with this until lately. I feel like I want to rip my hair out. I have tried to contact ecrater and no one seems to want to explain anything so that I can understand. I have always used the IMG code for bulk uploads using photobucket. Now it's not working. Acording to this post -->

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=6369&sid=74bb7c914c00acf43bedaeea7e81c8e0

It should be the one to use. But I use it and it fails every time. I am "looking" at the links and they all start with http://img and end with an img tag. So I decided to check for myself. maybe a quarter of the links when I copy and paste them to the web and hit enter they end up changing to a SMG / HTML file tag.

Does anyone know why...? I have contacted photobucket and no one is explaining in such a way that I would be able to understand them. Here is an example of what the items are doing...

This is my direct link to one of the items ...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/Serendipity_Collections/MOB-sketches/mob-61a_zps7c4f3d12.jpg

But then when I hit the enter button after adding it to the browser bar the actual site link changes to this .....
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Serendipity_Collections/media/MOB-sketches/mob-61a_zps7c4f3d12.jpg.html

Why does it do this when I try to use the direct links for uploads to my shop..? It's never done this, like ever with the exception of the last couple months since I basically posted this origional thread.

Help is needed Please! Thank you soooo much!
NirvanaCreations

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe direct or HTML code will work. I don't use Photobucket so I'm just guessing.

http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724324-Link-Codes-Embedding-or-Linking-Photos-and-Videos
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not used Photobucket for this. Having said that, I think you should be using the Direct, but not the Direct in the previous post, but the Direct in the first post. They are different. The Direct in the first post loads only the image in my browser. The other one loads a photobucket page.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit a long time ago because they went to that slideshow idea, and the links got hard to find and was more work getting it to work than it was worth.

Then they added that "story" thing trying to be like facebook, started using flash or something, unlike it used to be.
I am surprised you got it to work at all since it all changed around for a few years now.

Try another place, I been using skydrive, but you need to go through a log off to get the real shared links. But you must copy the "embedded" folder link while logged on.

The nice thing is you get 10 gig, I think, and YOU control what is stored.
If you did use them, you could have one link to see the whole folder of the items instead of one picture link at a time but people would have to copy and paste from inside your description.

Not sure but do you mean bulk upload pictures here directly from photbucket ? don't seem possible.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Photobucket made some changes. I was working something (non-eCrater stuff) weeks ago and have some issues.
SerendipityCollections

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nirvana: Yeah I tried that as well and for me it isn't working. >_<;; That was one solution I thought of a couple weeks ago and tried. I will read through the link you have provided to see if there is something there.

Cosmicray: The wierd thing is that the pictures that are older don't have a problem getting uploaded. It's all the new items I want to add that have new pictures. This is an example...

Email & IM link...
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Serendipity_Collections/media/MOB-sketches/thumb/img430_zps458a7194.jpg.html

Direct Link ...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/Serendipity_Collections/MOB-sketches/thumb/img430_zps458a7194.jpg

IMG link ...

These do the same thing that the others from the first post did. But it's just not happening when I try to do via bulk upload.. >_<

A Better Way: I really just used them to store files for auctions, listings, shop ect. I never really paid any attention to all the changes since I didn't use those features of the site. I will look into that Skydive that you are talking about and see if i would be able to use it. It sounds confusing..

Anyone have any other suggestions for hosts that can keep files large and don't cost an arm and a leg??

Thank you to everyone that is helping!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skydrive (Hotmail) now outlook, but it's basically a place to stash files, and you can share a folder or one picture or any file.

If you try it, make an account email and all of it comes with it.

If you just want to stash files it's perfect.
If you want to share a folder, you right click and hit "embed" while logged on then copy that folder embed link.

Logoff

paste that (logged on folder link) in your browser.
while being logged off, view the picture, I hit see full size.
Then take that link and paste it anyplace for others to see.

basically, just think of it as, other people who are logged on can see you shares, but not people who are not logged on, type of thing.

So once you have the embed link, then go back logged off, you can then get links of a single file for the public pasting.

If you just need a place to stash things, you don't need to do none of that, just save your own pictures back and upload the raw picture, like any web page.

It's quite easy to upload, very easy, and easy to organize, as if you are on your computer.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerendipityCollections wrote:
These do the same thing that the others from the first post did. But it's just not happening when I try to do via bulk upload.. >_<

On my browser they do not. The two links that begin with smg load a page, with the image embedded. The link that begins with img loads the image only. The direct link that begins with img is almost certainly the one that you want.
SerendipityCollections

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Forget Photobucket... How about using my web services..? Reply with quote

Ok so forget Photobucket. I am done with their services for ecrater. So I tried to upload to my website via a folder. I used the direct link to each selection and now that is failing.. >_< ;; why. Does anyone see anything I don't...?

For example these are 2 of the files I am using ....
http://serendipity-collections.com/mirage_of_blaze/mob-1b.jpg
http://serendipity-collections.com/mirage_of_blaze/mob-45a.jpg
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: