eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

What message does a buyer get after a sale?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dinodon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: What message does a buyer get after a sale? Reply with quote

I was wondering what information does a buyer get? Is it like ebay?
Do they get item has shipped and tracking number? Or do they manually have to go on their paypal account to see that?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you generating the postage ? If you use PayPal, it will send a notice to the customer.
Dinodon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes.paypal.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a copy of the notice eCrater sends to the customer after they complete checkout. Since you are only going to ship to PayPal confirmed addresses, you should probably indicate in your terms that you will only ship to customer's who have a PayPal account with a confirmed address. Customer's do have the option of using PayPal without having an account and/or without using their account. Also, customer's can complete the eCRATER checkout, be transferred to PayPal and not complete the payment in PayPal. This does happen, so don't be surprised. The customer may have had a problem with PayPal and you can send them an invoice if you wish. Just remember, you are never charged for those customers and your inventory isn't changed if they don't pay.

The notice shows it was From: noreply@ecrater.com
I've added some additional information in blue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Order No: (redacted)
Order Date: 2014-01-10/16:48:43 (example)

Ship to:
Customer's Name (as the customer entered at checkout)
Customer's address
City, State, 5 digit zip code
United States
Customer's phone Number
Customer's email address (clickable link)

Seller: dinodon (Sellers store name)
(Item title): 1 x $5.95 = $5.95
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $5.00 (Regular US-Mainland)
Total: $10.95
Payment via: PayPal
Paypal email: (Seller's PayPal email address) (clickable link)
Haven't paid yet? Pay now: https://www.ecrater.com/paypalpay.php?keyid=(numbers redacted) (clickable link)

Product URL:
http://www.ecrater.com/p/(item # redacted) (clickable link so customer can go back and see the item)

*If you have questions about this order please contact the merchant by clicking on: http://www.ecrater.com/askseller.php?sid=(redacted) (clickable link)

*You can file a complaint with eCRATER if you have not received your order, and the merchant does not respond, and 14 days have passed since the order was placed.

*If the merchant asks you to pay by any payment option not selected during checkout, please do not do so and report this to us using the contact link on the eCRATER home page

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As cosmicray said, if you purchase/print your postage through PayPal, a notice is sent to the customer by PayPal. Some of us here at eCRATER, self included, like the fact that we can contact our customers direct without going through another program.
Dinodon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very informative. Thanks.
Dinodon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Paypal terms Reply with quote

How can I post I only ship to customer's who have a PayPal account with a confirmed address on all my listings?

Do I have to put that separately on each listing?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Paypal terms Reply with quote

Dinodon wrote:
How can I post I only ship to customer's who have a PayPal account with a confirmed address on all my listings?

Do I have to put that separately on each listing?
You need to go to PayPal and make sure you have set your profile > My Selling Tools > Block Payments , then select to only allow payments from confirmed addresses. You might want to review your other options on the same page.

The terms of service for eCRATER does not allow you to use "boilerplate" text on every item page. I would suggest adding something on your terms page and adding a Q&A on the FAQ page.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was wondering what information does a buyer get? Is it like ebay?
Do they get item has shipped and tracking number? Or do they manually have to go on their paypal account to see that?

Other than the quoted ecrater email above, the buyers will get nothing unless you send it or instruct PP to send it. You should, as a seller, send a shipping notification with the DC# included (even if PP may send one) as this lets the buyer know that you got the order, that it is sent and what to do if they think a package is delayed. The shipping notification also allows you to tell buyers about other products or things you want them to know. Just seems more professional than depending on PP to send them something.

On my shipping notification I have in my signature line my store's url (including the urls for the UK and AU stores), my blog url, my FB and my Pinterest url. Think of this message as a promotional piece, unless you really don't want customers coming back.

You can set the shipping notification up as a template that all you have to do is change the customer name and DC# so it isn't time consuming at all.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: