eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping Zones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParadiseCoveVintage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Shipping Zones Reply with quote

I can't seem to "remove" some shipping zones (Alaska & Hawaii). I can add, I just can't delete. I only want to ship withing the states (mainland). have been reading feeds for two hours looking for an answer. i am sure i am doing/not doing something really dumb, but can't figure out why i simply can't highlight the zone and then hit the "rem" button. would appreciate any help. So, put a hold on my store and stopped. Must figure out this shipping zone/matrix thing before I can sell !
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to ship to Alaska and Hawaii, it is required to sell here.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is required to ship/sell to all 50 States to sell here. Depending on what you sell, there isn't any difference in cost for items going first class, media rate or flat rate Priority packaging when shipping to HI or AK so no reason to not allow them. Not sure why you don't want to sell to them, but I have bumped into many new sellers that think it costs a lot more to ship there so they don't want to. Even if something does cost more, that is the buyers decision whether or not to pay for the extra cost, it shouldn't matter to the seller. May not apply to you but I threw out there for any other newbies to read and understand.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason they are listed separate is for the sellers who may use one shipping service for the lower 48 states (like UPS or FedEx) and then use USPS for AK and HI.
ParadiseCoveVintage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Shipping Zones Thank You! Reply with quote

Well that is a whole lot better than..."Ding Bat, click the button on the right!" LOL! Thank you all so very much for your time and will do!!
just-random-stuff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a UK ecrater user I dont ship to ANY US state or Canada, is there a way to remove this option totally?

I honestly doubt I will sell anything to either of these countries but just on the off chance someone does buy something I don't want to get screwed on the postage - or do I just have to price it out of sight to deter any purchases?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To have an ecrater store, you have to sell to ALL 50 states. If you don't want to ship to the US then perhaps another venue might be better for you.

Not sure though why you think you would get screwed on postage as you are the one that sets what you charge depending on weight and size. I ship to a lot of UK and AU addresses as well as other countries and I don't lose money on the shipping. I'm not sure how the UK international shipping is set up though.
just-random-stuff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct to have an ecrater.com store you do need to sell to all 50 states...but I signed up for ecrater.co.uk (a UK site is implied from the title) and the default settings are for USA/Canada.

My concern on the postage is thus - if I cannot turn off the US by default the postage costs to the US are prohibitavely expensive and I only have to miss one weight setting or mistype a weight (something that can easily be done IF I decide to upload some 4300+ products - something still toying with once I have done all my research on here) and I am screwed.

Example - A 1kg (2.2lb) parcel which retails out at £23.00 in UK costs £3.90, £4.30 or £8.45 depending on how quickly you want it delivered....that same parcel to US is £56.90.

And I don't want to go down the route of get order - cancel it - get bad feedback.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an UK store, you still have to ship to the US. That is just one of the rules to sell here. If you don't believe us just send a question to staff and they will confirm this. It is really up to your US buyers to decided shipping is to high to buy or not. You might have something they really want.

Just a heads up, once something is bought and paid for you can not add any more for shipping.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of us in the US have to deal with the same thing when shipping to the UK. While the cost of a 2.2K package runs around $5.49USD to send to someone else here, to send to the UK it would be $23.40 or $44.91. If someone in the UK wants something bad enough they pay. I've twice in the last month bought an item for one of my customers in AU that she couldn't get other sellers to send to her. So she paid for me to buy and have the item shipped to me and then paid for me to ship to her and then chipped in about $10 for my time and trouble. The first time she did this she forked out over $50USD. Her choice because she wanted something bad enough. Would I spend that kind of money? Not on your life, but I do accommodate my customers AND what would be other sellers customers if they were willing to ship out of the US.

The fact that you have a UK store was not so much to help UK people sell in the UK only but to make it easier to us in the US sell in the UK. If you read the terms of selling here on ecrater you will see that you MUST ship to all 50 states, no exceptions.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just-random-stuff wrote:
You are correct to have an ecrater.com store you do need to sell to all 50 states...but I signed up for ecrater.co.uk (a UK site is implied from the title) and the default settings are for USA/Canada.

I guess you have an intractable problem with how to set things up, if you try to not ship to the USA. You can't use USPS Calculated, so that means you must use the matrix and/or fixed. Leaving the USA matrix rows blank, will not suppress USA customers from placing orders, they will just get zero cost shipping on the invoice. Maybe you need to speak to the eCrater team and see what they suggest.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooops, made a mistake.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have purchased items for international sellers who wanted something from someone who wouldn't sell international. Once it was from Amazon. Just today I sent a package to France from Canada and the shipping was $38.00. That's not the highest shipping I've ever charged. Years ago I sent a heavy pottery canister set airmail to Sweden. That shipping was over $100 and that was back when shipping was much less than it is now. Your items look like they are mostly heavy so you probably won't have a lot of trans Atlantic sales but you do have to be prepared for them if they come. The Japanese will also pay hefty postage for vintage items.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewfinders, you are responding to the OP who sell vintage based on store name. The current poster is just-random-stuff who does not appear to be selling vintage or antiques.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't still understand. The eCrater rules and terms are in the site. It isn't a "Top secret" or hid like other sites.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: