eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Here we go again, google disapproved

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Here we go again, google disapproved Reply with quote

All of a sudden I have 44 items disapproved. I have done nothing to my ads and these have been listed for years. There are no attributes missing so where on earth do I find out what is wrong before just pulling them from this store and relisting them elsewhere out of frustration?

Thanks in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do nothing if you have attributes in place. Next feed they might all go right again.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be prepared to wait a very long time for the erroneous messages to clear. My last encounter with this took months.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because an item has been listed "for years" has nothing to do with them being disapproved recently. Within the last month we received a notice from eCRATER that they were removing items that had "made up" brand names and incorrect info for the attribute values (like N/A for example). I would strongly suggest you review each item to see if any of the attributes are wrong based on the more current info. Also, Google Shopping requirements have changed over the last 1 1/2 years, so there may be newer required attributes that have been added since your items listed and GS is now doing a "sweep" of requirements.

Once you have reviewed all your items and done your best, I would contact eCRATER CS for additional help. I've always found the assistance excellent in helping to find the reason for the disapproval.

Do the items have anything in common? Are they all one type of item like jewelry, or hair accessories? If you could post a link to (or the full title of) an item that has been disapproved AND copy the attributes from the bottom of the listing (from your admin) we could take a look and see if anything jumps out as the problem.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kittenkat22

Please, PLEASE, post some links to examples of items that are disapproved. Without being able to look at them, combined with you telling us what attributes are on them, we have very little chance of helping you.

BTW, PLEASE post some links.

ETA: I picked one of your listings at random ...

http://kittenkat22.ecrater.com/p/2177961/genuine-blue-topaz-amethyst-925-sterling#

The primary image does not meet minimum standards of at least one direction being 800px. That should not be the reason for an attribute being kicked out, but should be addressed.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something else I forgot to mention, being disapproved by Google Shopping does not necessarily mean there is a problem with your attributes. If your store is reviewed and items are found to be in violation of their policies, that could also cause them to be disapproved. The item itself may be in violation or you could have something in your title or description that violates their policies.

I've gotten the impression that sometimes they may pick a "sample" from a store to check. If the sampled items violate some policy and are disapproved, it doesn't mean all the other items are ok, just not disapproved this time. I don't know this to be a fact, but it does appear to be true.

The best thing to do is to review all the information provided by Google on how to met their standards.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: