eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Inventory Feature no longer in place?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Inventory Feature no longer in place? Reply with quote

Hi,

I haven't been on this forum for a long, LONG, time. I've had my store for 4 years now, I think and it's been working out great for me, except that just lately, I've noticed that the inventory feature isn't working. I'm starting to sell things that have zero inventory. Yikes!

Did this change, and when? It still shows that I have an option to have inventory control in my admin.

What gives?

Thanks,

Jeanne
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several possibilities came to mind after looking at your store.
1. Do you have a check mark in the box beside "Enable Inventory Control"?
2. Were any of the items listed with the Qty. box being blank? (The computer will read the blank as unlimited inventory.)
3. I noticed you have a ZZZ category. Are you moving your sold items to the ZZZ category? You have to change the Qty to 1 in order to move, then you can't change it back to 0. Did you change Qty to blank or did you "unhide" the item during the move?
4. Did you sell the item with payment being money order or check? If yes, did you manually hide the item? Inventory Control doesn't work with paper payments.

The inventory feature does work, but these are some reasons that will cause a problem. There may be other reasons, but these are the most common.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not observed this problem, although I did get one order that processed twice in rapid succession. Care to share more details about the problem ?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My quantity is working well. Go with Sheila's suggestions as it is most likely something you did or didn't do.
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Several possibilities came to mind after looking at your store.
1. Do you have a check mark in the box beside "Enable Inventory Control"?
2. Were any of the items listed with the Qty. box being blank? (The computer will read the blank as unlimited inventory.)
3. I noticed you have a ZZZ category. Are you moving your sold items to the ZZZ category? You have to change the Qty to 1 in order to move, then you can't change it back to 0. Did you change Qty to blank or did you "unhide" the item during the move?
4. Did you sell the item with payment being money order or check? If yes, did you manually hide the item? Inventory Control doesn't work with paper payments.

The inventory feature does work, but these are some reasons that will cause a problem. There may be other reasons, but these are the most common.

Thanks for your fast response, Sheila Dee's

This is such a mystery. Nothing is changed. Everything is in place.

1. Yes, I have Inventory Enabled.
2. No, I don't have any blanks in the quantity boxes. Never even knew that was a possibility.
3. ZZZ category was meant for uncategorized items. I don't use it for sold items.
4. I haven't gotten a money order or cheque for an item in a very long time.

It's so strange!

Recently I sold a candle holder. It was the only one I had like that. A woman bought it, received it, loved it, and ordered another one! Payment went through.

Again, recently, a person ordered 2 iron-on patches. I only had one in stock. My inventory showed "5"! It had never counted any of my previous sales!

Yesterday, someone bought a dress. None in stock.

???

Jeanne
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you need to send a message to support about the problem
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have found that can get things mixed up and that is if when you go to list something and you have adjusted the count, the price, etc. and then you get the message that you have used over 100 characters in the title so you have to go back and edit the listing. When you go back to fix the title, all the other changes didn't hold either so if you had charged $15 instead of $10 for something, the price will again be back to $10. This is for those that do copy/paste listing, not using all brand new info each time. I wouldn't be surprised if your quantity got changed too to whatever the item before had as a category number.

I found this out the nice way. A pattern sold for $4 more than I thought I had it priced, but as I researched what happened I realized it was the need to fix the title that made everything change back to the listing prior to the one I was working on. Of course getting $4 more is a nice thing and it made me realize that those particular items would sell for more than I thought, just sold one today for $5 more than it would have been priced two years ago Very Happy . Not often accidents are to our benefit Very Happy
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neweratradingpost wrote:
Yesterday, someone bought a dress. None in stock.

Picking on that particular occurrence. You had none in stock. After the sale went thru, what did the listing record look like ?

Did it end up with a quantity of -1 ?

Was the payment via Stripe or PayPal ? (it makes a difference I believe)

There is a known situation I'm told, that is very very rare, and involves something being ordered from a store, via the marketplace, and is part of a multi-store order. In that specific situation, the count available might be ignored. But having a count of zero in the first place should have prevented it from being added to the shopping cart.

This is the situation which triggered my last duplicate order. The customer had items from multiple stores in the (marketplace) shopping cart, placed the order, somehow made the browser go back a window, then ran the order again. The two items they had ordered from me went from 1 to 0 on the first order, but did not go to -1 on the second order. They also generated duplicate payments to my store, and presumably to the other store's items in the shopping cart.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem when PayPal's IPN notifications were not set correctly. Items that were in fact paid for never got the check mark next to them either. And those buyers could not leave feedback. Happened for months before I finally got ahold of someone at PayPal who could help me fix the IPNs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: