eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Prepared List of Attributes?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IronmanLori



Posts: 53

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Prepared List of Attributes? Reply with quote

Does anyone have a prepared list of attributes for newbies like me to use? That would be so helpful so I could copy/paste these correctly? Anything would help if only a few... Thanks so much.. Lori
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies



Posts: 1620

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are on the Google Attribute page, there is a little blue question mark. If you click on that, it gives you what attributes you can use. You will not be able to use them all, just pick whichever works with your item.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
IronmanLori



Posts: 53

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... I looked it up and used identifier_exists for Attribute Name and false for Attribute Value.. What I added has none of the listed attributes.. no UPC , no MPN, etc... So I am thinking this is right? I still see the below info in red, and not sure if I entered it correctly..

Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
at least two of the following: upc/ean/jan (or identifier_exists if missing), brand, mpn.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies



Posts: 1620

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your items don't have a color, a material or a size? Wink Or maybe I am not understanding. Make sure you do not not have an extra space with the identifier_exists one
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray



Posts: 6601

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@IronmanLori

Why don't you release one of these listings into the wild, so that the rest of us can see what it is, and what the attributes might should be.

That you are getting errors from Google shopping isn't the end of the world. Google organic will still crawl the listing (and presumably other web crawlers).
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
IronmanLori



Posts: 53

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a good idea... let me load something up completely.. That might make things easier... Lori
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows



Posts: 2789

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lori since you haven't completed any listings and posted any, I don't think you can rely on Google attribute messages to be accurate. Looking at your featured categories on your home page there are several possible attributes that come to mind, but if you are selling vintage, used or handmade items, the identifier_exists/false will be required for all your listings.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
IronmanLori



Posts: 53

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Maggie.... I think it will be that attribute also.. I am excited to be getting involved in something new after 17 years at the same company working with the same product...
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
GoneFunky



Posts: 1331

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This figurine is a good place to start - you can add the brand Zaphir and 566G as the mpn. I'd also describe the figurine in the title - perhaps add "Kids in Sleepwear" & "Dolly Don't Cry" to your title. Someone might be looking to add to an existing collection or replace one that was broken. Use keywords to describe the item - think of words a shopper might use in a search. No need for commas or "" in titles, use that space for keywords.

http://ironmanlori.ecrater.com/p/20152332/fine-zaphir-porcelain-figurine-made-in
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
IronmanLori



Posts: 53

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frillypad wrote:
This figurine is a good place to start - you can add the brand Zaphir and 566G as the mpn. I'd also describe the figurine in the title - perhaps add "Kids in Sleepwear" & "Dolly Don't Cry" to your title. Someone might be looking to add to an existing collection or replace one that was broken. Use keywords to describe the item - think of words a shopper might use in a search. No need for commas or "" in titles, use that space for keywords.

http://ironmanlori.ecrater.com/p/20152332/fine-zaphir-porcelain-figurine-made-in


Thanks Frilly. I made the title corrections and tried adding Zaphir for attribute name and 566G for attribute value and got this: The attribute #1 is not supported by eCRATER.. It wouldn't save the change and reverted back to identifier_exists and false... Lori
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray



Posts: 6601

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@IronmanLori

'brand' is the attribute name.
'Zaphir' is the attribute value.

'mpn' is the attribute name.
'566G' is the attribute value.

do not use the single quotes that I used in my examples.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jonunscloset



Posts: 48

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronmanLori wrote:
frillypad wrote:
This figurine is a good place to start - you can add the brand Zaphir and 566G as the mpn. I'd also describe the figurine in the title - perhaps add "Kids in Sleepwear" & "Dolly Don't Cry" to your title. Someone might be looking to add to an existing collection or replace one that was broken. Use keywords to describe the item - think of words a shopper might use in a search. No need for commas or "" in titles, use that space for keywords.

http://ironmanlori.ecrater.com/p/20152332/fine-zaphir-porcelain-figurine-made-in


Thanks Frilly. I made the title corrections and tried adding Zaphir for attribute name and 566G for attribute value and got this: The attribute #1 is not supported by eCRATER.. It wouldn't save the change and reverted back to identifier_exists and false... Lori


You may be doing it incorrectly. When you are on the Google Attributes Page of your listing on the left column type in brand and then on the right column type in Zaphir. And then again on the left type in mpn and then the right column type in 566G.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
IronmanLori



Posts: 53

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel so stupid... I knew it would be something simple once I saw how to enter it.... Wow, I feel like I just got a snuggie.. Thank you for your patience... Lori Confused
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies



Posts: 1620

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only suggestion I would make is to rearrange your description. The beginning is also crawled by bots, like your title is so you need to make use of that first few words, make those words important for someone searching for you item.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jonunscloset



Posts: 48

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronmanLori wrote:
I feel so stupid... I knew it would be something simple once I saw how to enter it.... Wow, I feel like I just got a snuggie.. Thank you for your patience... Lori Confused


It takes awhile to get used to a new site. Hang in there. Your 2 listed items are quite nice. Be sure in title and first part of description you include key words -- the words that possible buyers will use to search. Best of luck to you. Smile
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum