eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

how long before I receive the first feedback?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Germenchocolate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: how long before I receive the first feedback? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I came from EBay. I opened my ecrater store about one month ago, so far I have 2 sales,

I feel it is hard to make a sale even if I have the best price, it is even harder to get

Feedback. Without feedback(I am sure I will get positive feedback), many potential buyers will turn away from my store. I don't want to press buyers to provide feedback,

That's rude and may not result in good feedback.

I received 56 100% positive feedback in 8 months on EBay by only selling chocolate,

Now I don't know what to do to get buyers feedback. any help is appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buyers barely ever leave feedback off eBay. eBay makes a big deal out of feedback which is why youI've gotten emails from buyers letting me know how pleased they are but they don't leave feedback on the site. I agree with you 100% that asking for feedback is in poor taste and could result in a negative.

While no feedback is not necessarily bad, having negative feedback is definitely not good. Negative feedback shows in red and while a shopper might not notice you have 500 + feedbacks, they will probably notice you have -72%. If you urge someone to leave feedback and it is negative, you will have -100%.

Just continue to do a good job and eventually someone will give you feedback.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germenchocolate, Just an FYI before you get in trouble. You can not sell the same item in two different unit sizes. Like your regular chocolate that you sell as 6 bars and then 2 bars. May not make sense but it can cause you to be suspended.

Not sure why this is in your Terms of service. "Disclaimer: Information provided for reference only and is not guaranteed to be accurate." as I should hope what you are describing is accurate!
Germenchocolate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewfinders wrote:
Buyers barely ever leave feedback off eBay. eBay makes a big deal out of feedback which is why youI've gotten emails from buyers letting me know how pleased they are but they don't leave feedback on the site. I agree with you 100% that asking for feedback is in poor taste and could result in a negative.

While no feedback is not necessarily bad, having negative feedback is definitely not good. Negative feedback shows in red and while a shopper might not notice you have 500 + feedbacks, they will probably notice you have -72%. If you urge someone to leave feedback and it is negative, you will have -100%.

Just continue to do a good job and eventually someone will give you feedback.

Thanks a lot!
Germenchocolate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Germenchocolate, Just an FYI before you get in trouble. You can not sell the same item in two different unit sizes. Like your regular chocolate that you sell as 6 bars and then 2 bars. May not make sense but it can cause you to be suspended.

Not sure why this is in your Terms of service. "Disclaimer: Information provided for reference only and is not guaranteed to be accurate." as I s
hould hope what you are describing is accurate!

Thanks for the reply.

I have different size for the same item is because based on the idea that the more you buy the more you save(cheaper). I do the same thing on Amazon, I don't think it will violate any rules.

Regarding the disclaimer: Sometimes you have a chocolate bar with exact

the weight and nutrition facts, but only slightly different in the appearance of the packing design. For example, some time "70% Cocao" is printed horizontally, some times vertically. Maybe my wording was not very clear. I will think about it , maybe remove it.

Edit: I'm going to ask eCrater to see if it is OK to sell same item in different package sizes and will report back.

Thanks again!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read the rules? "- Multiple listings of the same item are not allowed. Listing items in lots with a different price per item in lots is not allowed. Each item should be listed only once." this is directly from them

Not having feedback wouldn't stop me from buying from you if you had your store completely set up. However this as your terms would "Disclaimer: Information provided for reference only and is not guaranteed to be accurate." If I were buying chocolate I want to know exactly what is in it.

If you need to reread the rules you agree to buy setting up a store, you can read them here: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

Last edited by SammysSupplies on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do the same thing on Amazon, I don't think it will violate any rules.

Quote:
Edit: I'm going to ask eCrater to see if it is OK to sell same item in different package sizes and will report back.

While it might not violate Amazon rules it does violate ecrater ones for sure. There have been many threads/discussions about this usually started by newbies that I guess think the rules don't apply to them but ecrater is very firm on this rule.

Your terms as they stand now are so vague that you could substitute a Hersheys chocolate bar for a Lindt truffle and then tell the customer that we didn't say the listing was accurate! Listings are supposed to be accurate, otherwise how does the customer know what they are buying?
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCrater and the Community.

You might want to check the email address you have posted in the text of your store homepage. I think you meant to spell dark instead of drak.

Many sales to you.
ralph
tarasouth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER and best of luck with sales. Feedback is random, a lot of people just don't have the time
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: