eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Another Attributes Question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmallDesires

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Another Attributes Question... Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I'm new to ecrater and excited to be getting my store going.

Right now I'm working on getting some products up, and many of the items I have are "unbranded"... that is, they are custom made, no specific brand name.

I understand google wants a brand included. Can I use the word "generic" for brand? Where can I find a list of brands that are accepted by google?

I have used the attribute: identifier exists:false as this obviously applies to many of my items (all of the ones I have up as of now as I work on my store).... however, how do I address the brand issue? Or do I not need to include a brand attribute since I've used the identifier exists:false attribute? I've tried to google for an answer, but it's all a little confusing.

Any suggestions?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Another Attributes Question... Reply with quote

SmallDesires wrote:
Any suggestions?

Yes, there are many threads (probably upwards of a hundred) on the general topic of Google attributes. Please search the Community for 'attribute_exists'.
SmallDesires

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Another Attributes Question... Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
SmallDesires wrote:
Any suggestions?

Yes, there are many threads (probably upwards of a hundred) on the general topic of Google attributes. Please search the Community for 'attribute_exists'.

Thank you for your reply, however, I just did a search for attribute_exists as you suggested and all that came up was this thread. I have been searching both here as well as doing google searches trying to find an answer to this question to no avail. Sad

As I'm working on my store, I find myself also wondering (and not finding an answer to) using some of the other attributes. For example, let's say I want to use the "pattern" attribute. Can I put anything I'd like in there or does it have to be from a specific list approved by Google? How (or can) I add more than one "pattern" attribute? Do I enter two separate attributes for each, separate them with commas, or something else?

Again, I have been reading threads and doing google searches, but have found no answers to these particular questions.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
let's say I want to use the "pattern" attribute. Can I put anything I'd like in there or does it have to be from a specific list approved by Google? How (or can) I add more than one "pattern" attribute? Do I enter two separate attributes for each, separate them with commas, or something else?

Am I correct in thinking that you are asking as to what you can 'answer' for the pattern attribute? You can say what you want>plain,checks,stripes,flowers,purple violets,etc. and put them (if you have more than one)in the attributes just like that with commas between. I don't use spaces between the word and the comma but I can't remember if that is a rule or not. Always try for the most appropriate answer to the attributes as in reality they are acting as keywords for someone searching for an item. This doesn't mean that you can skip actually writing in the pattern or whatever in your description since the attributes don't show on your listing (only google sees them) and you want buyers and other search engines to read what you are saying about the item. Same reason you can't depend on your photo to described your items.

Hope this helps somewhat.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unknown as far as I am concerned, such as "platform" if it's a sega game, for a genesis system should I use platform......Genesis ? or should I put , platform............ "sega genesis"
OR Nintendo, should it be "nintendo" or "nes" or "nintendo entertainment systems"

But it's not attributes_ exists LoL she got her signals crossed.

It's identifier_exists

So with no bar code, or no brand you have to use identifier_ exists......false.

but I guess just try and think up what others you can do, like color, material, along with identifier_exists............false.

If you have a barcode don't use the identifier, if you have a brand no barcode, still use identifier.

I suppose using pattern, if you know what patterns are named, and maybe use the comma,

Last edited by A-Better-Way on Thu May 15, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Another Attributes Question... Reply with quote

SmallDesires wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
SmallDesires wrote:
Any suggestions?

Thank you for your reply, however, I just did a search for attribute_exists as you suggested and all that came up was this thread. I have been searching both here as well as doing google searches trying to find an answer to this question to no avail. Sad

I got my wires crossed, the correct term is 'identifier_exists' with 'false' as the value. See this thread for where/how it originated ...

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=33170
SmallDesires

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you!!! everyone for your kind replies! You're help and time is really appreciated!

cosmicray, I am reading the link you sent now and see where we messed up with that search.

All of this helps tremendously!!
RareSeedShop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you figure out google Attributes for your one of kind items? I have read and read and tried and tried, but I have been unable to figure this out. I read several posts that have explained with no bar code, or no brand you have to use identifier_ exists......false. This is not working for me. Did it work for you? I have never been this confused in my life!

I am a bit scared to create a new thread because there are soooo many on this subject, I feel uncomfortable asking for help.

I saw you are new as well and might have more patience with me.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi FlowerSeedShop, I don't want to hijack this thread, but I saw you have some plants that have "sold out" next to them, that can get your suspended here. If you don't have any to sell, they should be hidden.

If you are on the Google attributes page, put identifier_exists in the first column, no spacers before or after, no capital letters, and false in the second column.
RareSeedShop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know it would get me suspended. Thank you so much!
RareSeedShop

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and thank you for the google attributes help as well. I appreciate your information and kindness.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlowerSeedShop, I just had a look at your shop and I'll be back. You have a lovely shop. I didn't realize one could order seeds for rose plants. I learn new things every day. Very Happy

I did notice one little thing that may be giving you a problem. You have USPS calculated shipping in your shop which would have charged me $2.25 for one pack of seeds when your FAQs say shipping will be a flat rate of $1.20. When you open an eCrater store, I think USPS calculated shipping is on by default. To turn it off, go to Accounts:->Options and remove the check in the box marked "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead". You could then add a 1 for the weight of each item and show 1.20 in every column in the shipping matrix except the last column. The 16+ should be 0.00, then no matter how many packs of seeds your customer ordered, they would only be charged $1.20.

Please don't feel uncomfortable asking for help, we were all new sellers one time and we were all new to eCrater at some point. Answering questions is my way of paying forward all the help I received when I was new.
RareSeedShop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards thank you so much for helping. The shipping was a bit confusing to me as well. Your very kind to help out the newbies.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlowerSeedShop wrote:
Did you figure out google Attributes for your one of kind items? I have read and read and tried and tried, but I have been unable to figure this out. I read several posts that have explained with no bar code, or no brand you have to use identifier_ exists......false. This is not working for me.

If you entered the attribute as you did in your post, it doesn't work because you have a space between the underscore and exists.

It should look like this: identifier_exists

Hope this helps. Many sales to you.
ralph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: